The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Project: Swiss Army (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2018, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2018, Richietrix1969 wrote:
I trust my opinion....only! Patronise someone else less informed on the magical arts!

It's rubbish at best!

Mh101, I suggest you go and read a book, there are many that show how to get cards out of a deck with sleight-of-hand! Like I mentioned initially, a stripper deck is easier and far less suspicious than this bag-of-sh..t?....oh, only my opinion though!

I held back as it looked like an extractor Rip Off

So thanks for the heads up

Just confirmed what I thought !

As for Alex makes you wonder if he is on the payroll

No I'm not Smile

I just gave an honest review, but I encourage you to make your own point of view !

Don't feed the troll, what, that's what I just did ? Smile
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2018, Richietrix1969 wrote:
Mh101, I suggest you go and read a book, there are many that show how to get cards out of a deck with sleight-of-hand!

I would suggest you learn how to make an argument first. It's so easy to make that kind of comments without being able to cite even a single source of how to strip a card without fumbling, using a normal deck. The advantage of a stripper deck is allowing to get that card in an instant.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1447 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2018, stookie31 wrote:
I can't see that this adds anything to extractor at all.

I use extractor 2.0, completely free choice, the peek is amazing and the removal super easy.
It fries people.
The card goes back in the deck in the box, right in front of them and the spectator can put it in, anywhere they like.

Being able to put the card back in the deck and then put in the box, solves a non-issue. and seems to cause all sorts of other issues.

I don't get it.

Could not have put it better my self
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1055 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Disappointed with this, Alexander deCova “Abstractor” is almost the same and already published.

Confused this being released... Smile
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
416 Posts

Profile of MitchC
So this or 'The Real Steal' ...about same in price... can PSA do more than Real Steal ?
andrew124C41
View Profile
New user
Somewhere near Washington, DC
41 Posts

Profile of andrew124C41
Edward Bernays is alive and well...well, not literally. Bernays, a relation of Freud might be considered the Father of Advertising. Frankly, I really dislike most of the present day advertising that is done to sell magic effects. Gone are the days when I went to Circle Magic, Tennen's, Al's or Barry's to watch the latest effect demonstration. Videos incorporate slick editing, manipulated angles....I know everyone already knows the deal. I am simply ventilating my disappointment.

It is part of the overall change where slight variations lead to a big promotion of the latest and purportedly "new and improved" version that would take magic from an art requiring skill and practice to a mechanized gimmick to replace every SOH move.

Perhaps Sophia, (she is actually not bad looking for a robot) having just received her Saudi citizenship, can be taught to do magic eliminating all of us. That would be the ultimate gimmick.

When someone makes the Empire State Building disappear without a gimmick, then I will be impressed.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Regular user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
176 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2018, andrew124C41 wrote:
Edward Bernays is alive and well...well, not literally. Bernays, a relation of Freud might be considered the Father of Advertising. Frankly, I really dislike most of the present day advertising that is done to sell magic effects. Gone are the days when I went to Circle Magic, Tennen's, Al's or Barry's to watch the latest effect demonstration. Videos incorporate slick editing, manipulated angles....I know everyone already knows the deal. I am simply ventilating my disappointment.

It is part of the overall change where slight variations lead to a big promotion of the latest and purportedly "new and improved" version that would take magic from an art requiring skill and practice to a mechanized gimmick to replace every SOH move.

Perhaps Sophia, (she is actually not bad looking for a robot) having just received her Saudi citizenship, can be taught to do magic eliminating all of us. That would be the ultimate gimmick.

When someone makes the Empire State Building disappear without a gimmick, then I will be impressed.

Eh... ok. I hate to disappoint you, but no one here can do that for you.
Whatever you do, don't become the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about...
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
5851 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2018, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2018, andrew124C41 wrote:

Eh... ok. I hate to disappoint you, but no one here can do that for you.

Unmasked, you’re such a defeatist. Lol.
mikenewman
View Profile
Special user
Maryland! Back home and Thrilled!
899 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2018, MitchC wrote:
So this or 'The Real Steal' ...about same in price... can PSA do more than Real Steal ?

You should call Tony (Anthony Miller, RFA Productions).

He can help you decide.
Ask him about his index too! It’s awesome!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3470 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have this and the Extractor. I also have my own version. Frankly, I like all three. The Extractor is probably the fastest way to get the card, but my own version and the Swiss Army are the fairest and cleanest. I like that you can show all sides of the Swiss Army deck (as well as my own version which will go into one of the Bullseye Magic volumes).

So, if I want something fast, I'll use the Extractor. If I want something that I can show all sides of the box, I'll use The Swiss Army or my own version. The main difference between my own version and the Swiss Army is that my own version can be made easily and quickly from a normal deck of cards (i.e., you could go to a local store on the way to a gig where you lost your luggage, buy a deck of cards and make it. Also, if/when it wears out (and they all wear out at some point), you can easily make a replacement with my version. On the other hand, the Swiss Army is a cool gimmick just like the Extractor is a cool gimmick, very impressed with the creativity. In fact, I have two of each, one purchased regular price and a second one purchased as a backup on the "Open Box" at Penguin.

One other note for both my own version and Swiss Army: If you are gutsy and have the right participant, you could hand them the closed box and they aren't likely to discover the secret. With my own version, I have handed it out many times and no one discovers the secret. You can't do that with the Extractor.

KJ
asherfox
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of asherfox
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2018, magicmarkworldwide2 wrote:
Alex, I posted 3 times, giving a helpful and honest review and comparison, and not one of the ****s on here appreciated it.

In fact, I got told off for comparing it to Extractor.

So now I'll just resort to communicating in a form that you can all understand.

Can't argue with the Facts though.

I would like to say thank you to you. I am just thinking about which one I should go. And now I am planning to buy Extractor V2.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
5851 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The Extractor is all you need, and more.
Fero
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Fero
I don t own project Swiss army so cannot judge it... but extractor is one of the best devices I ever seen in magic trick.
Nikita
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Nikita
The fact that you have to force the card is crucial.
It's much better to get Extractor (any version, you can easily make it V2 by yourself in 10 minutes).
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
5851 Posts

Profile of pegasus
What’s V2?
EZrhythm
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Nikita
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Nikita
That's right, V2 is Extractor Version 2.
Also want to say - with extractor I like to use business cards sometimes. It's like an unexpected sleight when you take business cards from your spectator, place it in the deck (which is in the box) and place the box in the pocket while palming their business card. And so then produce it from anywhere you like. Of course it's a good idea to have spectator's writing on it.
This business card's idea came from using it in a "card to wallet", when you do the same.
So it's +1 to Extractor which can't be done with Project Swiss.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
5851 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Extractor Gold. Lol
Fero
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Fero
I got project Swiss army today so I took a look at the gimmick and practiced a little bit.
I personally like the gimmick and compared to extractor which I love it has positives and negatives sides.
- With this you need to force a card while with extractor you don’t.
- with this You can show all the sides of extractor the card box while with extractor you can’t.
- in extractor the way you pull out the card is easier and cleaner than in psa.
- in extractor you need a deck switch while in psa you don’t.
- the deck in psa can be used for a few tricks more while the extractor device can be used just for the card extraction.
My opinion is extractor is still cleaner and easier than this but overall the project Swiss army deck is stil a solid device.... cannot be inspected of course but I don’t see any reason why the spectator should inspect (by the way even the extractor deck cannot be inspected), the angles are ok anyway nothing so hard to take care of, the only downgrade is the card forcing (even if like in extractor you can choose a deck switch) and the little sound the gimmick does during the pick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Project: Swiss Army (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL