The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vault - SOS (Son of Stunner) by Paul Harris (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
therealbrogilbert
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of therealbrogilbert
Another amazing creation by the man the myth the legend Paul Harris Smile Download from your favourite dealer today!

https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=61574

StrixMagic: (want to feature but we can check)
http://strixmagic.it/en/nuovi-download/6......oad.html

Hocus Pocus:
http://www.hocus-pocus.com/prod/45922/Th......DOWNLOAD

Magic Warehouse:
http://themagicwarehouse.com/DX1574/The-Vault-SOS.html

Merchant of Magic:
https://www.magicshop.co.uk/sos-paul-harris

MJM Magic link:
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/-p-26207.html

Propdog:
www.PropDog.co.uk/Paul-Harris-SOS/
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Downloadable and no gimmicks and super easy to do? I'm intrigued.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2088 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

this is beginner easy to do. worker!

no gimmicks.

easy to do. and you get 3 kickers out of it, a prediction, a triumph, and a color changing deck.

You can open your set with this and then if you want continue on with more card effects using your deck.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1111 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2115 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
A PH classic and if you don’t know it, a principle that has been used in many other tricks going forward
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2115 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
My favorite variation is Ballet Stunner by John Guasaferro. Like all older tricks, I don’t do it as much as I used to or should and it gets great reactions.
JasonL2112
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of JasonL2112
I actually think I prefer this version as you don't end completely clean with Ballet Stunner while you do here..

Old but fantastic concept, may be time to resurrect this again. Lots of good stories can be spun around it.

Quote:
On Jan 18, 2018, Xcath1 wrote:
My favorite variation is Ballet Stunner by John Guasaferro. Like all older tricks, I don’t do it as much as I used to or should and it gets great reactions.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2817 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
I see this was on disc 8 of the True Astonishments boxed set. Based on the trailer, I’m guessing this download is the exact same footage, repackaged as a single download. But if there’s more to this, would be curious to know more.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5027 Posts

Profile of pepka
With these "VAULT" releases, it looks like Murphy's is just re-releasing material that we've seen before....and most of THAT has been released before.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
6279 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2018, pepka wrote:
With these "VAULT" releases, it looks like Murphy's is just re-releasing material that we've seen before....and most of THAT has been released before.

Correct. Although it has its merits as I seldom buy box-sets so it’s nice to have a choice to just buy the cherry-picked effects.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2817 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Yeah, no - didn’t mean to suggest there was anything wrong with doing rereleases of packaged sets as individual effect downloads. It’s good to give folks now a second (or first) look at gold nuggets that may otherwise be overlooked. I actually appreciate reading the descriptions and watching the trailers for some of these Vault offerings I may already have on DVD. It’s a nice reminder of where to look in one’s archive/library, in the same way as that Mark Elsdon ebook “Hidden Gems” was.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
654 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Check out David Williamson's handling of this.
langston3711
View Profile
Regular user
Cumming, GA
147 Posts

Profile of langston3711
David Williamson's version is a great presentation. Although, I perform John Guastaferro's Ballet Stunner every chance I get. Check it out too.
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
dman11
View Profile
Elite user
PA
431 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2018, MazingMandy wrote:

What is Davids handling called ? thank you
Calvin826
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Check out Nick Einhorn's Penguin lecture. His take on this is better, in my opinion. Rest of the lecture is awesome too.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1030 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
I love this routine! Yes it is included in the True Astonishments Boxed Set of 9 DVDs from Paul Harris, but not everyone is in a position to drop $300 to get this highly sought after set, despite all the treasures that lie within. So it's good news that this effect is released as an individual digital download as part of Bro Gilbert's series "The Vault".

There's so much to like about SOS (Son of Stunner), including the fact that it has three moments of astonishment packed into one routine, that it has no gimmicks and is completely examinable at the end, and that the method is very straight forward. Paul Harris really does have the unique ability to create something that can genuinely amaze and entertain, and this is a great example.

For more thoughts, see the detailed review of Son of Stunner that I posted elsewhere on The Magic Café here:

Ender's Review: The Vault - SOS (Son of Stunner) (Paul Harris) - An ingenious prediction and Triumph routine with a color changing deck twist and no gimmicks!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......c=659136

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==

Want me to write a review of your playing cards or magic? Contact me via Private Message.
mantel
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2018, dman11 wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2018, MazingMandy wrote:

What is Davids handling called ? thank you

Funner Color Stunner. You're welcome.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1598 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
My favorite variation is Ballet Stunner by John Guasaferro.

Where is this effect taught?
mantel
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2018, Ray Haining wrote:
Quote:
My favorite variation is Ballet Stunner by John Guasaferro.

Where is this effect taught?

One Degree.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1598 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vault - SOS (Son of Stunner) by Paul Harris (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL