The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Convention recommendation for beginner (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pepeq
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Pepeq
Hi All,

I am definitely a newbie hobbyist - only been into magic for a year as an adult. I only dabbled for a couple of years as a kid. I am interested in attending a magic convention in the US in 2018. I see many options from the big to the small. Last year I went to the Houdini convention in Milwaukee. I enjoyed it but am looking for a convention with more opportunities to see magic and more opportunity to learn. Can anyone recommend a convention for me? If it helps, I like close up and parlor the best. And I was wondering if as a newbie I would be welcome hanging out in the after hours informal sessions. Any input is greatly appreciated.

And one last thing, a convention with something for my spouse to do and shows that she can attend would be good. I know IBM and SAM conventions fit that.
danaruns
View Profile
Special user
The City of Angels
641 Posts

Profile of danaruns
I like the MAGIC Live! convention in Vegas in August. And my spouse goes with me and has a blast.
"Dana Douglas is the greatest magician alive. Plus, I'm drunk." -- Foster Brooks
epsilon97
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of epsilon97
Are there any magic conventions in the North East or Mid Atlantic?
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2698 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
This is short short notice but Magi-Fest in Columbus Ohio. Jan. 25-27th
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
rboyd
View Profile
New user
Devon
81 Posts

Profile of rboyd
Equally of anyone in the UK sees this please can you post or on me. Cheers
Newsround
View Profile
New user
UK
74 Posts

Profile of Newsround
The magic convention in Blackpool is massive rboyd. Not been to it myself, but I’m sure others on here can give you more info?
rboyd
View Profile
New user
Devon
81 Posts

Profile of rboyd
Thanks newsround. I will check it out on Google. I travel up north fairly often so this sounds right up my street.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
4957 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I'll give another nod to Magifest in Columbus. It's a manageable size with low key, friendly attendees. Great dealer room too. A lot of sessioning all weekend.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Convention recommendation for beginner (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL