The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin release for Miser's Dream...having trouble (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
scotchrocket
View Profile
New user
Canada
46 Posts

Profile of scotchrocket
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2018, Dick Oslund wrote:
So, I'll withdraw my invitation to PM me!

What a strange assertion.
All about borrowed coins.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Riding the Cancer Recovery Coaster into
4130 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Just got an email with this and thought of this thread.
http://www.bigguysmagic.com/automatic-co......6a9ce442
Hope this will work for you. I may grab one in a month or two after seeing some reviews.
Cancer Sux

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2681 Posts

Profile of sethb
Poof-Daddy's suggestion is for a device that is a dropper -- it secretly places the coins in the hand. But if I understood the original post correctly, the problem was getting the drop from the hand to the pail synched properly, which is an entirely different issue.

While the dropper might be useful in other ways, I don't think it will help solve the poster's problem. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Riding the Cancer Recovery Coaster into
4130 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I realized that later. It was a different thread from a while back where someone was looking for something like this. Smile
My bad, but it looks like a cool dropper as opposed to the ”el cheapo” one I have.
Cancer Sux

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
7502 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2018, scotchrocket wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2018, Dick Oslund wrote:
So, I'll withdraw my invitation to PM me!

What a strange assertion.

Mr. Rocket: Did you read the thread?

Not strange! He asked for help. I offered to help him. He didn't have the courtesy to acknowledge the offer, and, he didn't bother to make a contact.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2681 Posts

Profile of sethb
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2018, Poof-Daddy wrote:
I realized that later. It was a different thread from a while back where someone was looking for something like this. Smile
My bad, but it looks like a cool dropper as opposed to the ”el cheapo” one I have.

BTW, in a previous post on this topic, I did suggest the use of a dropper --- actually a "coin dumper" --- to use as a possible finale for the Miser's Dream. This is a device that quietly delivers a stack of about 8-10 half dollars into your cupped hand. It holds the stack securely until you're ready for it and works solely by gravity on a cam principle, with no springs, buttons or fancy mechanisms to hang up or go wrong. It should last indefinitely with reasonable care, and the cost is only about $5. Check The Magic Warehouse, Robbins or your favorite dealer if you're interested.

On the other hand, you can accomplish exactly the same thing without a dumper, by stealing a few coins from the pail as you're demonstrating how many coins you've magically plucked from the air. But the dumper lets you do it without going near the pail first, if that's a dealbreaker for you. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin release for Miser's Dream...having trouble (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL