The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Learn Hypnosis in 5 Days. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18759 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Many stage hypnotists are quacks and Fanwood.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mercurial
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of mercurial
I am a hypnotherapist and I use this site quite often for hypnotherapy scripts. They are very well known and respected in the industry. The free training they offer has nothing whatsoever to do with stage hypnosis. I only had a cursory look at the video but it looked OK to me. But yes. Stage hypnosis is an entirely difference skill set and one has very little to do with the other. Very few hypnotherapists would have the ability or indeed the desire to do a stage show.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18759 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am afraid far too many have the desire and actually attempt them.

Also far too many stage hypnotists attempt therapy.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mercurial
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of mercurial
Yes. I suppose the tempation must be there in some cases. I would imagine that it would be difficult to be good at both but of course I may well be wrong. I do know that Gil Boyne did both successfully but was mainly a hypnotherapist. I think Ormond McGill did too but I could well be wrong there too since he advised against stage hypnotists doing hypnotherapy in one of his earlier books.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18759 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I caution against ANYONE doing therapy without proper training. And by that I do not mean buying scripts during a weekend certification class for it. I mean university level classwork and a degree granted by an accredited institution.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
NightSG
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of NightSG
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
Also far too many stage hypnotists attempt therapy.

"...and whenever you feel the urge to smoke, your voice begins to change, until you can only quack like a duck..."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18759 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ya know the script is not too far from that!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Learn Hypnosis in 5 Days. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL