The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Sources/Inspiration for finger ring routines (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DanielJoseph
View Profile
New user
San Diego
16 Posts

Profile of DanielJoseph
I believe there may be some confusion as to my motive. I don't have an issue with what I perform and everything seems to work quite well for those I perform for. I just am always interested in expanding my knowledge and self.

By "organic", I meant legitimate finer ring routines/sleights with nothing added. I.e. no gaffs or odd extra items. Impromptu.

You are certainly correct in your assertion that what I have already provides plenty. I may just be naively ambitious in seeking more.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Great! I have no problem with any desire to be impromptu and use found objects - a favorite them of mine

Might I suggest that you look at potential magic effects with finger rings fro three different perspectives.

1) the ring as an object that belongs on the finger and remains a finger ring during the presentation - ring identity.

2) a circular object with hole in the center through which objects other than a finger can be inserted - ring feature.

3) a small, easily recognized object used with no reference to either identity or feature - distinction.

this view may inspire innovation or a creative change in presentation of a known method.

Certainly, a finger ring has palming advantages not available for a coin or stone, For example, one can use some thimble sleights.

Also, one might consider the balance between bing more entertain and more magical for you chosen audience.

Hope some of that helps in your quest.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Sources/Inspiration for finger ring routines (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL