The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Miracles of suggestion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hogster
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of hogster
I'm thinking of buying 'Miracles of Suggestion' by Kenton Knepper. But, as I don't know anyone who owns it, and have not seen any reviews, I am slightly reluctant to part with my cash. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
As I've said before... If Kenton or Banachek's name is on something (at least in my experience)BUY IT!

Many have "problems" with some of Kenton's thinking and the whole NLP issue. On the other hand, I've found his material as a source of prime inspiration e.g. a catalyst that encourages us as performers to THINK and be creative in that process, creating around ourselves and within ourselves, the ability to literally do things "Psychic" such as guiding and "controlling" the thoughts and actions of others.

KK is know for simplicity... he's also known for material that requires some serious practice and evaluation (same with Banachek).

With this in mind, I hope you the best in your decision making processes.
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
889 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
Same as Darmoe said. Don't expect instant just-add-water miracles like a cheap packet trick. Do expect some worthwhile thinking that you will probably love, or which at the very least will spur your own brain cells in fresh directions.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
I have just read this and placed it on my book shelf right next too psychological subtileties, good useable information. You will find some gems in it, no matter what you do, but that is just me...

kevin Smile
peng
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
81 Posts

Profile of peng
Skip Miracle of Suggestion. Save that money, and purchase Wonder Words the full series.

The series covers things in Miracle of Suggestion, and offer so much more!
Peng
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
But, there are also lots of things in Miracles of Suggestion that are not in Wonder Words, too. Peng is partially right, in that you should get WW first, but don't discard MoS in place of WW; you would do best to have both.
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Gambit
View Profile
New user
Reading, UK
53 Posts

Profile of Gambit
For those that have Miracles of Suggestion, have you had much success with the 'mind wipe' thing?
I'm pretty good at this sort of stuff, but this one just doesn't seem to do the biz. Obviously I can make the audience think that the specs got it wrong, but if the audience is small the spec rarely makes a mistake?...
peng
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
81 Posts

Profile of peng
Gambit, yes. Use a prop like a pocket watch or something for hypnotism. Don't forget to do a pass or cut to move the card to middle of deck. The spectators may check for a card switch.
Peng
crossroader
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of crossroader
There is an effect in "Miracles of suggestion" called "The subconscious book
test".Does anyone know more details about this?
Christos
Mark Hogan
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of Mark Hogan
I have MOS, and as the others have said, these are not just add water tricks, but if you are serious about how you perform aand are prepared to put some work in, there is gold dust in KKs work

Kind Regards

Mark Smile
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2075 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Chris,

I don't have MOS but I am a member of the Wonder Wizards forum where Kenton kindly gifted us the "Suggestion Book Test" effect. It is very good and excellent thinking. Can be done impromtpu as long as your audience is big enough.

I can't really say anything too specific about the effect....at the end of the day it's a book test...the thinking behind it is the point. Like a lot of Kenton's thinking it is simple and devious but remarkably effective. Who knows, it may inspire you with ideas of your own like all of Kenton's work aims to.

Regards,

David.
Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
HN Review 25: Miracles of Suggestion - Kenton Knepper

AD:
Kenton Knepper is well-known for his work on
suggestion and its application to magic and
mentalism. In Miracles of Suggestion, Kenton
reveals simple and profound examples of exactly how suggestion can be used in real-world performance situations.

More than a few performers are a little
disappointed that Kenton gave up this much inside information, but Kenton hopes this booklet will excite more performers into considering how the power of suggestion may be applied to their work.

REVIEW:

Very interesting booklet, integrates the Wonder Words tapes for what concern the suggestion issues and provides further thoughts and applications. I don't perform anything out of the manuscript, but several ideas and fine points can be applied to other effects.

For those interested in the booktest, forget it for close up situations...

Overall rating: very good

H.
Mark Hogan
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of Mark Hogan
If you have a working understanding of Hypnois and suggestion, Miracles of Suggestion will provide you with some excellent additions to your repetoire.

Regards

Marc
July 2003 Persuasion-Skills 1 Day Seminars London!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Miracles of suggestion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL