The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MaxArtifice
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of MaxArtifice
Hey,

Glad to be here. I have been away from magic for probably twenty years and decided to get back in. I had the thought that participating in a magic forum/discussion site might help. My main interests are in cards and coin closeup work although I would also like to start doing some IT work. I have a decent collection of books and a lot of cards (been collecting decks for a few years now). I live in the US...mountain states...in a rural community. Anyway...that's it for now. Thanks to the site owner for providing a great discussion board.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3482 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome MaxArtiface.

What sparked your re-entry into Magic?

-Mary Mowder
MaxArtifice
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of MaxArtifice
Running a small business has sucked up most of my time. That and raising kids. Kids are grown and gone now. Business is finally starting to take less of my time. So...I have some time to squander any way I like and I thought, why not get into magic again?

It's going to be like starting over, though. I know a lot but the muscle memory is gone. Hoping I can pick it up twice as fast as the first time, though. One nice thing is that at this point in my life I can buy almost anything I want/need but I also have a bit more wisdom so I know what to not waste money on.
Teddy Meagher
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Teddy Meagher
Hey welcome I hope you learn a lot from this forum it has been very helpful for me in learning where to find resources and what resources are best
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3482 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
You will pick it up faster but not the same way. Your practice will now be informed by your experiences since you were last in Magic. That will effect which Magic excites you and the way you approach it. This does not mean your first attempts won't be clumsy but it will get better.

Best of Fun!

-Mary Mowder
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
334 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
Welcome to the magic.
SHAZAM!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL