The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Invisible Deck Gospel routine? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2732 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
This is probably a non-starter- but is there a reasonable/usable Bible based Gospel routine using "The Invisible Deck"? Again, I don't want to force a round peg into a square hole. Most card tricks simply don't have a non-contrived or silly Gospel reference.

If no, this is still a great trick in my judgment in an adult setting to "earn the right to be heard" later.

I have quite a few versions of this great card trick, including the very reasonably priced jumbo Invisible Deck version (Dan Harlan) available from Penguin Magic. I probably did my first "invisible deck" trick more than 50 years ago, was always well received even as a teen performer. I once saw a very big name illusion show performer in Vegas do the jumbo version (while changing sets) and get the wrong reversed card- so it is important to be able to do very simple math in one's head "under pressure". I whispered to my wife- he is reversing the wrong card!!! The performer then did a "well that was at least close" line which kinda fell flat to say the least.

Another fun short children's gag that I know of no Gospel routine for is "Hat-A-Rama" by Devin Knight (also available from Penguin Magic). This too is another example of a good "warm up" fun thing to do with kids as the first non-Gospel portion of an overall routine (unless anyone knows of a Gospel application for that- I can't think of one).

As we are expecting another major snow blast in SW Michigan tonight, one trick for sure I won't be doing Sunday morning is the trick hated by all janitors everywhere: the beautiful but very messy "Snowstorm in China" (from the fist ala Kevin James) routine... I posted this true story before- I once saw a teen performer walk down the aisle in an indoor auditorium doing this trick- and I saw the standing janitor watching from the back practically having a heart attack while he saw his cleaned rows and rows of hard to clean theater sets being trashed with fine white confetti by an uncaring magician... Not good... I always wondered if that janitor made the teen magician later sweep and clean the seats of the entire auditorium.
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
561 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
I did a simple routine a long time ago where I talked about making the choice to turn your back and go against the flow of the world... you will stand out when you're willing to turn from sin.
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
TrylleJan
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of TrylleJan
Great trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Invisible Deck Gospel routine? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL