The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Where to post (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Takwah
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Takwah
Hi, I have problems finding the right subforum sometimes. Sometimes it's hard to decide because of the many possibilities. Eg. I have a question concerning a sleight and it's for a mental magic routine. Do I post it in card magic or in mentalism.

Then I think there is no subforum where people can exchange ideas, which aren't effects, but creative ideas in the making to get help in the process. Like what people think of an idea, or what sleights might be useful in a certain situation. Eg. a section where one could get help with the development of a routine or the building of a stageprop.

Then I would like a place where people can post their templates. Like if someone designs something and want's to share that with the community, a script, a graphic, a 3d model.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Quote:
I have a question concerning a sleight and it's for a mental magic routine. Do I post it in card magic or in mentalism.

How you use a sleight or effect is up to you. If you are looking for help with a sleight, then post in the card magic forum.

Quote:
section where one could get help with the development of a routine or the building of a stageprop.

We have forum called We Dare you which discusses presentation etc. We also have a forum called The workshop to discuss building props.

Quote:
Then I would like a place where people can post their templates. Like if someone designs something and want's to share that with the community, a script, a graphic, a 3d model.

This would depend on what you are designing. It could be in the workshop, or it could be in the forum it applies to, such as the workers for a script on card magic.

Sorry for the vague response but we don't have a lot of specific information from you post to give a definitive answer.
Where the magic begins
Takwah
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Takwah
Thank you for the information, I really thought I had read the main page so often, that I had known these you mentioned, but I just used the search function and there they were.

So there is really no need to be sorry, I don't think my questions were vague, but I understand that's my opinion only. But I also don't think your answers were vague in any kind or sense, as you exactly answered what I had asked for. So I am sorry if I stirred once more confusion.

As to the last one, it really was a general question, that arose out of the idea to have some sleights illustrated, upon which I found, that it's not for me to illustrate things, and most of the things of that routine, I could model in 3D, but hands, so same problem there. But out of that failure, I found, that I could model quite easily, some ESP symbols for example and that people who couldn't use a 3D software (and I am just dabbling into) could benefit, if I'd upload the 3D models so people could use them in their own designs. Same of Vector Art, which problably is more sought after, than 3D Models.

But now I think I could put those simply in the Workshop forum.

Regards,
Tak
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Where to post (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL