The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Re-Volution by Jimmy Strange. Incredible (117 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Re-Volution by Jimmy Strange allows you to cause a nut to spin itself free from an ordinary bolt (bolt and nut can even be BORROWED) WITHOUT touching it. Spectators love it. Smile (Which is why this type of effect continues to sell out multiple batches).

See for yourself how cool it is:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=61285

This type of effect is not new, but Jimmy Strange (creator of Strongman) has made some MAJOR improvements.
See how cool it is yourself:
* First, it is self-working, right out of the box
* Second, I love the "test condition feel" of using tweezers
* Third, is it SUPER reasonable...(over a hundered dollars less than prior versions)

Do your self a favor and check it out.
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=61285
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
I’m really pleased to see Jimmy bring this to market, as he’s had this in development for almost a decade. Jimmy works at MoM, so we have watched the evolution of Re-volution as it happened. I road tested the first prototype almost 7 years ago, and since then have used it at hundreds of gigs. This is THE LAST WORD on the self winding nut and bolt. I can’t recommend it enough.

MoM have it on the site now with FREE worldwide shipping here: https://www.magicshop.co.uk/re-volution

Jimmy will field questions directly on the Café, but if you want to meet him in person and have a one2one tutorial on using Re-volution, including extra insider tips. Just drop us a line or pop into the shop.

Hope this helps
Dominic Reyes
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Take my money. Wow.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Quote:
bolt and nut can even be BORROWED

Right, because most folks just walk around with nuts and bolts in their pockets?
I like the implication of non-gimmicked objects, but that has to be some other way to emphasize it...

How does the bolt compare to the one in strongman? I'd be curious if you could routine them together, or if they're obviously different sizes.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Are you telling me you do not carry a nut n bolt around with you just in case someone wants to perform a magic nut n bolt trick on you? Jeez.
mars26986
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of mars26986
This can 100 % be done with the Strongman gimmick!
Liams-Heart
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Liams-Heart
Who will have this at Blackpool?
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2711 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
It does look good!
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
We all know how this gimmick works. My question is where is it hidden? My cheap version was self contained in a thumb xxx
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I have three versions. All work differently. All make noise. How is the noise issue with this?
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Take my money....
Strange Jimmy
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Strange Jimmy
Hi, I've been using this for over a decade and I've never had an issue with noise when performing at my venues

😉JS
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I’ve been lucky to watch Mr Strange perform Re-Volution. There’s no doubt that this is my favourite method.
Pegasus this is much better than the method you mention bud, I think you will like this.

Eric, I’ve never noticed any issue with noise.

Best wishes,

Joel.
mayhem
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of mayhem
Sounds almost too good to be true... After spending over $140.00 for the Micro Physic Pro, this seems possibly better to use. I like the one I bought, the quality is great, but don't care for the noise it makes in quiet environments. For the price of this one, I had to pre-order. Hope it's as good as claimed.
MichaelJae
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of MichaelJae
You can buy Micro Physic on Wish.com for $3. I have 2 of them. They both work great. Noise has never been an issue.
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2018, tonsofquestions wrote:
Quote:
bolt and nut can even be BORROWED

Right, because most folks just walk around with nuts and bolts in their pockets?
I like the implication of non-gimmicked objects, but that has to be some other way to emphasize it...

How does the bolt compare to the one in strongman? I'd be curious if you could routine them together, or if they're obviously different sizes.

Well, I don't think you'll get many volunteers if you ask to borrow a nut and/or bolt BUT...

How about presenting your audience with a bucket of nuts and bolts? The nuts could be on the bolts, they could be off the bolts, or there could even be one bucket of bolts and another bucket of nuts. Offer each bucket to either side of the audience. In fact, I guess you could even present them in their original hardware store boxes.

I'm assuming this presentation is feasible because the "bolt and nut can even be BORROWED".
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2018, Rocketeer wrote:
Well, I don't think you'll get many volunteers if you ask to borrow a nut and/or bolt BUT...

How about presenting your audience with a bucket of nuts and bolts? The nuts could be on the bolts, they could be off the bolts, or there could even be one bucket of bolts and another bucket of nuts. Offer each bucket to either side of the audience. In fact, I guess you could even present them in their original hardware store boxes.

I'm assuming this presentation is feasible because the "bolt and nut can even be BORROWED".

If it's unlikely to literally be borrowed, then it seems strange to me to claim that. Sure, you could hand out a bucket of them, but that's like saying I can have a deck full of 3C's and let the spectator "freely choose any card" if the bucket is (expensively) filled with gimmicked props. I'm not saying that's the case here, but it's something I've had (non-magician) friends watching magic accuse a performer of doing when, say, picking items out of a bag.

I also think your presentation sounds plausible - and mulling over it further, I think a better phrasing (or even routining) would be that you can give use the nut and bolt as a free giveaway, right after it self-tightening!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2018, tonsofquestions wrote:

If it's unlikely to literally be borrowed, then it seems strange to me to claim that.

I took that to mean similar to when claims are made that you can perform a trick naked.
Nice as a buyer to know that you can, even though very few of us actually will.
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Do you need big hands to do this ?
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2018, AceFace wrote:
Do you need big hands to do this ?

You need at least one hand, and it should be big enough to hold a nut and bolt.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Re-Volution by Jimmy Strange. Incredible (117 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL