The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rope thru hand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Special user
Tamil Nadu, India
690 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
Can anyone guide me.

Where its explained, its name etc

https://youtu.be/dEOaxmGnBes
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
murf
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
222 Posts

Profile of murf
I'm not sure that it's exactly the same, but that looks a lot like a couple of the effects near the end of the second volume of "Daryl's Expert Rope Magic... made Easy! --- String you Along".

Murf
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
20466 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
That also looks like an old Bruce Postgate's Bangle and Beads move. The video is available on llepub dot com. He has a really long routine he performed for children. The beads are no longer available, but I would guess you can use rope instead. Sorry to say, Bruce Postgate is no longer with us, he was a Canadian magician, and column writer for Abbott's Magic New Tops Magazine back in the day.
Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
7112 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Right Bill! That does appear to be like something that Bruce did.

But, frankly, I am not particularly impressed by it. (Too much "looping the rope around...")

The "ancient" Ten Kai, or Ten Ichi (I can't remember which) knotted rope penetration through the neck, is much "stronger". (One loop around the neck, and a knot!) I learned it about 1946, in a book by Ralph W. Hull ("Fifteen Minutes With A Piece Of Rope") It might be in Abbott's "Encyclopedia of Rope Tricks" also. It has been printed in several rope routines, over the years.

I don't do it for kids, but, it's strong for Senior High School groups, and, adults.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rope thru hand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL