We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Feed the people (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.n......vest-box

Maybe they should give the contract to Tiffany Brown.

Of course they could just NOT increase the already bloated, wasteful, defense departments budget by 130 billion next year.

No shame, no empathy, just brutality at every turn.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4213 Posts

Profile of RNK
What's brutal is when I see people using their "ACCESS" cards to buy snuff and/or cigarettes along with cases of pop and nothing healthy all the while looking/texting on their cell phone. Not to mention in the checkout line the other day, a lady(with a huge diamond ring on her finger) with two kids (BOTH of which were playing on their OWN cell phones) using an ACCESS card to buy her groceries. Then, when I checked out and left the store, I happen to see the family get into their honkin new Lincoln Town&Country mini van. That's what's brutal with the current system. So many abusers of the system costing us taxpayers billions that can be saved. So I am all for packaging healthy boxes of food to people in need, knowing that my tax money is being used to actually help others in a healthy way and not in a gluttony way.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4564 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2018, RNK wrote:
What's brutal is when I see people using their "ACCESS" cards to buy snuff and/or cigarettes along with cases of pop and nothing healthy all the while looking/texting on their cell phone.

Store owners are not allowed to sell cigs, alcohol or pop for food stamps. Of course there are some capitalists who will do anything for a buck.

Households CAN use SNAP benefits to buy:

Foods for the household to eat, such as:
breads and cereals;
fruits and vegetables;
meats, fish and poultry; and
dairy products.
Seeds and plants which produce food for the household to eat.

In some areas, restaurants can be authorized to accept SNAP benefits from qualified homeless, elderly, or disabled people in exchange for low-cost meals.

Households CANNOT use SNAP benefits to buy:

Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes or tobacco
Any nonfood items, such as:
pet foods
soaps, paper products
household supplies
Vitamins and medicines
Food that will be eaten in the store
Hot foods

https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/eligible-food-items

Shall we compare the total food stamp fraud to the total Pentagon fraud? Like an ant to an elephant. And yet you will not even make a peep about the elephant in the room.
"I use my five illusions to create the sense I'm useful to six."

You can read my daily blog at Musings, Memories, and Magic
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2018, landmark wrote:
Quote:
What's brutal is when I see people using their "ACCESS" cards to buy snuff and/or cigarettes along with cases of pop and nothing healthy all the while looking/texting on their cell phone.

Store owners are not allowed to sell cigs, alcohol or pop for food stamps. Of course there are some capitalists who will do anything for a buck.

Households CAN use SNAP benefits to buy:

Foods for the household to eat, such as:
breads and cereals;
fruits and vegetables;
meats, fish and poultry; and
dairy products.
Seeds and plants which produce food for the household to eat.

In some areas, restaurants can be authorized to accept SNAP benefits from qualified homeless, elderly, or disabled people in exchange for low-cost meals.

Households CANNOT use SNAP benefits to buy:

Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes or tobacco
Any nonfood items, such as:
pet foods
soaps, paper products
household supplies
Vitamins and medicines
Food that will be eaten in the store
Hot foods

https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/eligible-food-items

Shall we compare the total food stamp fraud to the total Pentagon fraud? Like an ant to an elephant. And yet you will not even make a peep about the elephant in the room.

A better question is how much the average person pay towards these programs.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/......4917512/

$42 out of $50,000 so children can eat.

How horrible.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4213 Posts

Profile of RNK
Actually, I think the "ACCESS" card is for welfare and not considered food stamps. It is basically money direct deposited into their account and used like an ATM card. My mistake! Anyway, yes, they can use these cards to buy whatever they want. I see it ALL the time. Then, after the person checks out, the cashier will always roll his/her eyes at me. They feel like I do, that it is sad these people can spend this unearned money (our earned money) on whatever they want.

I am all for helping people that NEED help. But I see so many that obviously do not need the help but are scamming the system. In addition to the ones that probably need the help but are using the money for tobacco products and junk food!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19041 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I guess I am a strange part of the evil. I have no clue what a person pays with in front of me. If it is not a check and they have no ID then I literally don't notice.

If I did notice I certainly would not judge. I mean in the grand scheme of schemes, sarcasm aside, just how many billions can poor people scam the system for? If we are going to go after fraud, waste and abuse these are guppies in the ocean and we have PLENTY of sharks to hunt. If you dollar cost average money spent hunting guppies vs sharks in my analogy clearly the sharks are the best bet.

Go for the big guys first. Just sayin.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
Actually, I think the "ACCESS" card is for welfare and not considered food stamps. It is basically money direct deposited into their account and used like an ATM card. My mistake! Anyway, yes, they can use these cards to buy whatever they want. I see it ALL the time. Then, after the person checks out, the cashier will always roll his/her eyes at me. They feel like I do, that it is sad these people can spend this unearned money (our earned money) on whatever they want.

I am all for helping people that NEED help. But I see so many that obviously do not need the help but are scamming the system. In addition to the ones that probably need the help but are using the money for tobacco products and junk food!

One percent fraud. I guess you're just unlucky to always be on the wrong side of a 99 to 1 shot.

Sixty percent of the people receiving benefits WORK.

The $42 INCLUDES all other programs.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2018, NYCTwister wrote:

I suppose if you believe the article. I'd like to know how they come up with that number and I doubt it's really that accurate.

UC Berkley did a study that claims that public support costs come to 152 billion a year. With only about 122 million taxpayers, how much does that come to for each one? About $1245 each. I suppose the truth is somewhere in between all that.

http://laborcenter.berkeley.edu/pdf/2015......ages.pdf
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19041 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Unfunded liability is what is out of control. No doubt about it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Wow lets deny the less fortunate a crust of bread for more money in our pockets. How kind are we?
To hate those who hate is righteous.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19041 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea that was Rockwall's point.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
imgic
View Profile
Special user
Moved to Seattle to see
856 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2018, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2018, NYCTwister wrote:

I suppose if you believe the article. I'd like to know how they come up with that number and I doubt it's really that accurate.

UC Berkley did a study that claims that public support costs come to 152 billion a year. With only about 122 million taxpayers, how much does that come to for each one? About $1245 each. I suppose the truth is somewhere in between all that.

http://laborcenter.berkeley.edu/pdf/2015......ages.pdf

Income tax is not the governments only source of revenue.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Feed the people (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL