We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Again » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..14..18..22..26..30..32~33~34 [Next]
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2569 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2018, landmark wrote:
Quote:
It’s sad that many of the CNN interviews with the young are being directed and prompted by the news people to answer in a way to fit their own anti-beliefs.

It's very unfortunate that you disrespect the feelings and opinions of the very people most affected. These youngsters are not going to go away. They do not need to have their opinions directed or prompted. They are sick of such discounting and will not go away unheard.

It’s not the youngsters, I respect their voice and glad they are speaking out. It’s the Biased Reporters adding their two cents to every spoken word the kids say. And if you don’t think CNN only airs certain voices you’re lost.

Don’t count on politicians fixing anything, they have had years of the shootings and did nothing. If our president was given the chance he could probably fix it, he is our only hope.

Tom
A habit is a habit until you realize you doing it, then it is a choice.

The NEW Daycare Magician Book
https://www.amazekids.com/magic-downloads/childrens-magic-ebooks/the-daycare-magician/

www.tomboleware.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26762 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
[quote]On Feb 19, 2018, TomBoleware wrote:
Quote:
... If our president was given the chance he could probably fix it, he is our only hope.

What Executive action do you have in mind?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of rockwall
[quote]On Feb 19, 2018, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2018, TomBoleware wrote:
Quote:
... If our president was given the chance he could probably fix it, he is our only hope.

What Executive action do you have in mind?

Wait! landmark things President Trump is our only hope?!?!?
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2569 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Yep, looks like he finally came around. Welcome aboard.

Tom

https://www.amazekids.com/magic-downloads/childrens-magic-ebooks/the-daycare-magician/

www.tomboleware.com
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Today's La Cucaracha strip:

http://www.gocomics.com/lacucaracha/2018/02/19

FWIW, today here in Canada, it is also a holiday in many provinces. Family Day.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
R.S.
View Profile
Veteran user
CT one day I'll have
391 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2018, R.S. wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2018, TomBoleware wrote:
Ron,

The Obama-era regulation was opposed not just by the National Rifle Association, but by several mental health and disability groups,
and by the American Civil Liberties Union. Maybe they opposed it for a reason? Maybe it wasn’t fair or legal?

Tom

The EIGHTEENTH mass shooting in just the first 6 weeks of 2018. Maybe it's time to reevaluate what's fair or legal and in the best interest of society?

Ron

18 MASS Shootings? Nope. That is very misleading.

There are 18 incidents in which a gun was fired inside a school or on school property.

Three -- Italy, Texas, Kentucky and Florida -- were mass shootings.

But of the other shootings:

Nine involved no deaths and no gunshot injuries.

Two were suicides, with no other injuries (including the one at the closed school).

Three were unintentional (although one caused injuries).

Tom

I didn't say "school" shootings. I was talking about "mass shootings"... period. At any rate, 18 was still incorrect. As of 2/18/18, there have actually been THIRTY FOUR mass shootings in the U.S.!

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/mass-shooting

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Yeah, I thought it was a mug's game for anyone to argue that there were fewer than 18 mass shootings several days or weeks after that count was done.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4564 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It’s sad that many of the CNN interviews with the young are being directed and prompted by the news people to answer in a way to fit their own anti-beliefs.

It's very unfortunate that you disrespect the feelings and opinions of the very people most affected. These youngsters are not going to go away. They do not need to have their opinions directed or prompted. They are sick of such discounting and will not go away unheard.

It’s not the youngsters, I respect their voice and glad they are speaking out. It’s the Biased Reporters adding their two cents to every spoken word the kids say. And if you don’t think CNN only airs certain voices you’re lost.

Don’t count on politicians fixing anything, they have had years of the shootings and did nothing. If our president was given the chance he could probably fix it, he is our only hope.

Tom

Who was in office for the last year while the other mass shootings happened? What do you suggest he do to fix it? Where does the buck stop?
"I use my five illusions to create the sense I'm useful to six."

You can read my daily blog at Musings, Memories, and Magic
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4564 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2018, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
.... They are sick of such discounting and will not go away unheard.

Will they register to vote? Will they put their money where their stated opinions are? Will they boycott those who don't support their interests and use social media to express themselves directly?

Can they escape the "pretty face - led by a child" trap and help our common causes?

They have already done far far more than any politician including the President.

This today, much more in the near future.

"Dozens of students stage ‘lie-in’ at White House gates to protest lack of gun control"

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national.......3829710

They are not going away. There will be a mass march in DC soon.

It's not just about voting for politicians who will do nothing. It's about actually expressing the will of the people.

S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3501 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2018, balducci wrote:

My wife's corgi calendar cites it as Heritage Day.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2018, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2018, balducci wrote:

My wife's corgi calendar cites it as Heritage Day.

Yes, it varies by province. Provincial rights, don't you know. Smile

"In parts of Canada, Family Day (French: Jour de la famille) is a statutory holiday occurring on a Monday in February. In the provinces of Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island (PEI) and Saskatchewan, it is observed on the third Monday of February; in the provinces of Manitoba, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, the holiday is instead termed Louis Riel Day, Nova Scotia Heritage Day and Islander Day respectively. British Columbia (BC) observes Family Day on the second Monday of February. Two-thirds of Canadians live in a province that observes a February statutory holiday."

For Heritage Day in Nova Scotia, it seems they honour a different individual each time around:

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/......-day-off

I never knew that before a few minutes ago, so thanks for posting and making me look it up. Smile
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5431 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2018, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
.... They are sick of such discounting and will not go away unheard.

Will they register to vote? Will they put their money where their stated opinions are? Will they boycott those who don't support their interests and use social media to express themselves directly?

Can they escape the "pretty face - led by a child" trap and help our common causes?

They have already done far far more than any politician including the President.

This today, much more in the near future.

"Dozens of students stage ‘lie-in’ at White House gates to protest lack of gun control"

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national.......3829710

They are not going away. There will be a mass march in DC soon.

It's not just about voting for politicians who will do nothing. It's about actually expressing the will of the people.

Truancy won't help anything.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2018, magicfish wrote:

Truancy won't help anything.

Your schools don't observe Presidents' Day as a holiday?
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5431 Posts

Profile of magicfish
What's Presidents' Day?
And are you saying this is a one-day protest?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4564 Posts

Profile of landmark
It's a National holiday today. Public schools are closed in the US. And mass demos in DC are often on the weekends.

Though I've heard no one suggest it, I have to say that mass truancy until some action is taken is a very interesting idea...

magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2702 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Indeed.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26762 Posts

Quote:
It's a National holiday today. Public schools are closed in the US. And mass demos in DC are often on the weekends.

Though I've heard no one suggest it, I have to say that mass truancy until some action is taken is a very interesting idea...

School funding/attendance... test grades... occupy Walmart?
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2569 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
No one in the past has really wanted to solve the problem because it could be used to make political hay. But we had many, many opportunities to stop the Fl killer and nobody listened. Trump called out the FBI and some are saying he shouldn’t have, he made them accountable which needed to happen. Adding new laws will not help a thing unless they are followed.

I still say it should be more about the ‘why’ than the ‘how’ The Fl shooter had been trying to make a bomb and if he had not been able to get a gun, who knows.

Tom

www.tomboleware.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26762 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 20, 2018, TomBoleware wrote:
No one in the past has really wanted to solve the problem ...

Which problem? bullying? social isolation? using media to validate violence?
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2018, magicfish wrote:
What's Presidents' Day?
And are you saying this is a one-day protest?

Not at all. I give it a week or two at least.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Again » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..14..18..22..26..30..32~33~34 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL