The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Again » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..24~25~26~27~28..32~33~34 [Next]
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2018, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2018, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2018, NYCTwister wrote:
Legal "brilliance" aside, it doesn't change the fact that they could be lying now that they've been caught.

Eventually all the divisive rhetoric being spewed will result in one of these attacks being carried out; and those doing it will think they're heroes, believing, as they've been repeatedly told, that ALL Muslims want to destroy the 'murican way of life.

ANYONE who believes that IS an idiot - stereotype or not.

What is " 'murican"?

Meme for patriotism as ...
https://www.buzzfeed.com/mjkiebus/murica......QW5EVdDG

I see. More racist stereotyping.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2018, landmark wrote:
Quote:

I'm talking about an organized, well planned attack by a determined group.

Who have weapons, and use them?

I'm wondering whether maybe you are missing the forest for the trees...? There happens to be a very well organized, very well financed, very well-armed group who have been killing Muslims for quite a while now.

Your tax dollars pay for them.

I know, so it all comes down what those tax dollars pay for; and when you start talking about that you go straight down the rabbit hole.

But that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

The fact that these things exist ubiquitously creates infinite possibilities.
None good.

Current, constant stress syndrome might be worse than the post traumatic kind.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Legal "brilliance" aside, it doesn't change the fact that they could be lying now that they've been caught.

Eventually all the divisive rhetoric being spewed will result in one of these attacks being carried out; and those doing it will think they're heroes, believing, as they've been repeatedly told, that ALL Muslims want to destroy the 'murican way of life.

What is " 'murican"?

Nope.

Just an observation of the fact that there exist far too many of those who embody those beliefs, often while not really knowing why, and that it's a problem.

I deliberately used the term to point out the fact that those who think like that are most likely to believe that all Muslims want global sharia.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
I still want to understand the endgame. Confiscation?

Regulation. Like cars. I think that's what most people in America want from the polls I've seen.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What is " 'murican"?

Nope.

Just an observation of the fact that there exist far too many of those who embody those beliefs, often while not really knowing why, and that it's a problem.

I deliberately used the term to point out the fact that those who think like that are most likely to believe that all Muslims want global sharia.

Most likely? I see, painting them all with the same brush. Classic stereotyping. Simply abhorrent. And am I sensing an implied accent in the term, "murica"?
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What is " 'murican"?

Nope.

Most likely? I see, painting them all with the same brush. Classic stereotyping. Simply abhorrent. And am I sensing an implied accent in the term, "murica"?

I'm painting all that think that way with the same brush because only one brush is needed.

Outrage and rhetorical attacks don't change the fact that there are those who DO think that way; and that's not my fault.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Are there Muslims that believe the things that some accuse them of? Yes they are a relatively SMALL portion of the Muslim population. So painting ALL of them as the problem is wrong.

Why is it OK to paint some with such broad strokes and non PC to do it to others? I wonder...

Irony is really ironic.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
It is OK to paint each group with the appropriate brush.

Muslims who DO want global sharia, and those who think ALL Muslims want it, are making the same fundamental mistake.

Wielding the brush isn't inherently wrong. It's wrong if you only use it to paint one side.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What is " 'murican"?

Nope.

I'm painting all that think that way with the same brush because only one brush is needed.

Outrage and rhetorical attacks don't change the fact that there are those who DO think that way; and that's not my fault.

Thanks for the response, but could you please address my question about an accent? Jonathon link was interesting but it didn't explain the term. Why not just say America? Why 'Murica?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is a derisive term meant to specifically be aimed at those in a particular part of the United States that believe heavily in firearm ownership and voted heavily pro Trump.

It is a condescending way to refer to those in rural America. Technically it is hateful, but it is OK because of who is hated.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Yes it is a made up word used by those that like to put themselves above others.

Tom
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Nonsense.

There is no accent. Why would anyone think there would be one?

It's a mindset thing.
Blind patriotism, America is always right/#1, no possibility of ever thinking otherwise.

America not necessarily meaning the government, which adds another dimension.

The fact that you all seem to be upset that I used the term is symptomatic.
What's wrong with speaking of it. I'm not yelling fire in a movie theater.

You can make of it whatever you will, and paint ME with whatever brush you like - the point stands.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2018, NYCTwister wrote:
Nonsense.

There is no accent. Why would anyone think there would be one?

It's a mindset thing.
Blind patriotism, America is always right/#1, no possibility of ever thinking otherwise.

America not necessarily meaning the government, which adds another dimension.

The fact that you all seem to be upset that I used the term is symptomatic.
What's wrong with speaking of it. I'm not yelling fire in a movie theater.

You can make of it whatever you will, and paint ME with whatever brush you like - the point stands.

Nonsense? No. You are being dishonest I think.
There is no accent? Ok, you have dodged me three times now. I will ask once more. Pronounce 'Murica out loud. Now pronounce America out loud. Hear the phonetic difference? Yes. Yes you do. Now please, answer.
Why 'Murica and not America?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
...Jonathon link was interesting but it didn't explain the term. Why not just say America? Why 'Murica?

The term addresses a sloppy pattern of thinking as echoed in speech - for comic effect.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2018, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
...Jonathon link was interesting but it didn't explain the term. Why not just say America? Why 'Murica?

The term addresses a sloppy pattern of thinking as echoed in speech - for comic effect.

Please explain how pronunciation (accent) equates to a sloppy pattern of thinking? And the idea that it is in some way comical scares me even more.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2018, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:

Sloppy thought in whose opinion?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
There's some history...context: google/read about Archie Bunker and more recently Team America.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
I have seen every episode of All in the Family.
What does it have to do with the mis pronunciation of your nation?
As far as Team America goes, I believe I refused to watch it as I recall it was a puppet show?
Please explain Jon.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
More on the militia -

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dom......2cbcb603

Seems like a lot of planning for a bunch of knuckleheads.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Attached to the article is a disgraceful, abhorrent collage of the accused surrounding the Head of State with a pumped fist as though he is in support of them.
How disgusting.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Again » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..24~25~26~27~28..32~33~34 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL