The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Uber (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicdave56
View Profile
Regular user
Ellisville, MO 63011
195 Posts

Profile of magicdave56
Is there some magicians that take a Uber for their gags ?
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
No my gags are funny and Uber is a serious mode of conveyance.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2018, magicdave56 wrote:
Is there some magicians that take a Uber for their gags ?

I use Uber, or some form of it a lot but never have used it for a show.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicdave56
View Profile
Regular user
Ellisville, MO 63011
195 Posts

Profile of magicdave56
I met to say dose any magicians take a Uber to do their shows
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
I know what you meant Dave. I was just having fun Smile I personally haven't used Uber for gigs but if that was the only way to get there I most definitely would use them. THE SHOW MUST GO ON!
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
As I don’t drive, if I needed to get to a show, I would call Lyft. (Uber wasn’t accepting my debt card and Lyft would. I understand Uber has changed their policy and WILL accept debt cards now, but too late, )
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
I would not depend on randomly chosen amateurs to get me to my show on time.
My favorite Uber Memphis report was the guy who called for a cab to the airport, and got to watch as the driver came straight to his hotel, drove past it and went straight to the airport. At some point the driver got off the interstate, which runs directly to the airport, and began driving around a South Memphis residential neighborhood. With the tracking app you can sit in the lobby of your hotel and watch your career disintegrate before your eyes. But at least you don't have to rent a car.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Nikita
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Nikita
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2018, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
No my gags are funny and Uber is a serious mode of conveyance.

Seriously? Uber is the worst taxi option. But of course it depends on the country, it's totally different uber system if different countries.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2018, ringmaster wrote:
I would not depend on randomly chosen amateurs to get me to my show on time.
My favorite Uber Memphis report was the guy who called for a cab to the airport, and got to watch as the driver came straight to his hotel, drove past it and went straight to the airport. At some point the driver got off the interstate, which runs directly to the airport, and began driving around a South Memphis residential neighborhood. With the tracking app you can sit in the lobby of your hotel and watch your career disintegrate before your eyes. But at least you don't have to rent a car.

I can't say I've never had that problem with Lyft. The worst I had was waiting in the alcove of a restaurant for a Lyft, having the phone tell me they were there and it turned out they were on the street (in fact, ACROSS the street). I had to go out in the pouring rain to flag them down and get them to come into the entrance to the restaurant where my kids were waiting with me.

Driving around the South Memphis neighborhood doesn't make any sense. Neither Uber nor Lyft charge with a meter. The amount of the ride is determined before you accept the ride.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Love Lyft. Have never had a problem with Lyft or Uber. Drivers have all been very pleasant. On average I figure I spend about half what a taxi would charge.

I actually used Uber in Saigon last year. Cost me less than a buck to go to the shopping district in a major metropolitan city. (I avoided the Uber scooters that you could call if you wanted to save 20 cents.)
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I know a magician who drives for Uber when he has no gig.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
So ... when he DOES have a gig, does that constitute 'taking Uber' to the gig?
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Driverless Uber Car kills pedestrian.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Anyone could have foreseen that such an incident was bound to happen. Is anyone going to be prosecuted for manslaughter? I mean since corporations are people now. Or are we just supposed to be guinea pigs for whatever experiments such companies want to conduct?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2018, magicfish wrote:
Driverless Uber Car kills pedestrian.

Did the pedestrian have the Uber Friend or Foe app running on their phone and was their app up to date?

Or maybe Uber will seek to prosecute the pedestrian's estate for damages to the vehicle, loss of revenue and attempt to damage their reputation?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Uber is now claiming that the pedestrian was walking outside of the crosswalk.

How dare she not hew to their unknown proprietary software restrictions.

And in related news, Crayola Crayons company expresses regret that their automatic coloring machine shot and killed a four year old for coloring outside the lines. "We can't be responsible for when a customer uses our product irresponsibly," a spokesperson said.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
If someone jaywalks, how can a driver who is obeying all traffic laws be responsible for someone walking out into the road? If that's what really happened. hard to tell at this point of the investigation
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Failed : Broke Asimov's first Law. The rest is litigation and moral turpitude.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
If someone jaywalks, how can a driver who is obeying all traffic laws...

Did the driver pass an eye exam? Did the driver have the intelligence of at least a 16 year old? We license drivers for a reason. Did the state motor vehicles department examine the software and hardware and determine it had the same abilities as a qualified state driver?

For a human driver, "if the jaywalker strolls into the street a few hundred yards ahead of the car and the driver does not slow down or swerve, the driver could be held responsible. Even though jaywalking is illegal, drivers are expected to take reasonable action to avoid crashes when they can, even if they feel they have the right of way."

https://www.nicoletlaw.com/blog/2015/07/......ar.shtml
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
283 Posts

Profile of greerj
I think the issue may be the "a few hundred yards ahead of the car" section. If a jaywalker strolls into the street at a much closer distance, is the driver responsible?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Uber (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL