The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Vinny Marini, who is he? (37 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1281 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Vinny seems nice and extremely generous in sharing his material.

Although I would say, I have yet to see a move or a trick from him I like and found usefull.

Btw. Performing at the Castle, says absolutely nothing about you as a performer. A lot of bad magicians get paid to perform there.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
7958 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2018, Magic-Daniel wrote:
Vinny seems nice and extremely generous in sharing his material.

Although I would say, I have yet to see a move or a trick from him I like and found usefull.

Btw. Performing at the Castle, says absolutely nothing about you as a performer. A lot of bad magicians get paid to perform there.

Yeah, but we're talking about "good magicians" here. There's not one person that gets to play The Magic Castle that doesn't include it prominently on their resume. It's sorta like going to Harvard but maybe not achieving Magna Cum Laude...It's still pretty impressive to just say you graduated from Harvard, and no one questions whether you were an A student or a C student...So why do it here?

And I really think you are in a very small minority of folks that in all these years have not seen a single thing from Vinny that they "liked or found useful." I certainly have seen many wonderful pieces of magic from Vinny and learned quite a bit about magic from his work. But then again, there is always a little bit of just about anything in everything, or something like that. Smile But with that, to each his own. Smile

Hope you enjoy the Penguin LIVE Lecture, you'll see a man of good will and good magic...one of our own. Smile
*Check out my latest: Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Not much new under the sun I hear but under the moon, well who knows, that just might be a horse of a different color." -Mb Smile
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1281 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
@Mano.

There are bad magicians getting hired to perform at the castle. Period. Ask Franco Pascali about this. Or Shane Cobalt who gets to see many shows there. They have strong opinions about this.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2676 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2018, Mb217 wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2018, davidpaul$ wrote:
Yes, making fun of people and intentionally hurting by the words used is what we need more of.
Very nice to read compeers encouraging and being helpful to one another. Reminds me of scool
kids picking on others to get a laugh.

I won't entertain the trolls here (and you know who they are) but David you I will respond to....

I really don't think Vinny means anything by any little barbs tossed around (perhaps it's the "Don Rickles" in him...RIP), mostly because they are just things hurled back at others who most times attack him first...it's a NYC thing. Smile He's a fiesty old dude from the salty NYC streets, much like the great, Harry Lorayne here...And yes, to a fault at times, they will not back down from a fight or any measure of disrespect.

So, Vinny doesn't pick on anybody the way some pile-up on him at times, rather, he regularly helps others and is always willing to show them the way. None of us will get perfect scores when it's all added up, but the goal is to score as high as you can. I think Vinny is scoring high with his magic, and in his life and good will towards others.

Hope you enjoy the lecture, you'll see a lot of good will and magic there. Smile

Mb217... my comment wasn't directed at Vinny. I learned some very useful sleights from the videos he has shared. We need attitude checks when we interact with each other. Life is short.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
7958 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Agreed david. And sorry here if I mistook your post.

Enjoy the lecture. 😊
*Check out my latest: Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Not much new under the sun I hear but under the moon, well who knows, that just might be a horse of a different color." -Mb Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10519 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Magic Daniel you toss out names like franco pascali, big deal they are just magician members.,at the magic castle .they are excellent magicians however
they should look at there own shows before they pass judgement on others. I have never seen a bad magician getting hired. perhaps their magic is not their taste and I'm there every week I cant say the same for others
like I said I'm there every week just because I seen a show I did not care for doesn't mean the show was bad ,
it is not my cuop of tea , FOR EXAMPLE I HATE WHEN MAGICIANS USE BIRDS OR ANY ANIMALS I THINK IT IS CRUEL
THIS DOES NOT MEAN THE SHOW IS BADOR TH MAGICIAN IS BAD

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
MichaelJae
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of MichaelJae
Slightly off topic, but in the same balkpark, do other art forms trash talk as much as magicians or does this comnunity take the cake?
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
7958 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Are you serious??? They have popular television programs (i.e., TMZ) that speak about all the trash talking pettiness and abhorrent behavior of actors, musicians, rappers, athletes, etc., all the time. Proportionately, I would think there's much less of all that around here, but I do hear what you're saying and it's unfortunate that it occurs at all as it typically doesn't show us at our best.

MichaelJae
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of MichaelJae
Sorry Mb, I should have added on forums where artists actually converse.
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Looks like my comment has been deleted, anyway I will say it again 'Vinny..you are the man' your chops are only matched by your generosity and love of our art.

Greig Smile
ULockJustice
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
151 Posts

Profile of ULockJustice
I would like to point out that my comments about how Vinny looks like Stan Lee have also been deleted and they were absolute gold.

If anyone has anything to be mad about with Vinny, it's that his cameo in the Winter Soldier was one of the weaker ones.
This is the profile of Comedian + Magician Erik Tait. A self-promoting sleight of hand artist who thinks he is the cat's meow.

PM for beard tips.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5386 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Dead horse beaten.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
7958 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2018, funsway wrote:
I couldn't be more pleased that Vinny is getting some recognition and possible appreciation of the creativity, dedication and enjoyment he has brought and gifted...

"To know magic you must live magic. No spectator can ever think ‘magic’ unless you say it inside of yourself first."

Go Vinny!

Yes, "Go Vinny!" And happy funs took the time to bring Vinny's Crimping technique forward in print, it really is a pretty unique usage as to coins, definitely an alternative that many around the world have mentioned as useful and magical. Smile

Like many, I'm looking forward to his Penguin Lecture this weekend (Sun. 2/25), I'm very proud to see another one of our own here show why The Café is such a special place. Smile

*And man, I'm loving the video Penguin put up on this...So proud to see The Godfather showing them how a great closeup man gets it done, and makes it all look like so much FUN! Smile

www.penguinmagic.com/p/9421

Click here to view attached image.

lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2018, MichaelJae wrote:
Slightly off topic, but in the same balkpark, do other art forms trash talk as much as magicians or does this comnunity take the cake?

There is a LOT of trash talking online among musicians, especially guitarists (typical joke is that GOOD guitarists are a dime a dozen, so you can guess how competitive it gets with petty jealousies, etc). However, I do think it's less in this Café, perhaps because the Café is better managed. The overall slogan here is 'magicians helping magicians'; and I think most of us are sincere in that. I have been helped immensely by many other magicians (Vinny included), from beginners to VIPs, over the years in the Café. Lynn
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1867 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2018, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Vinny is not only a great magician, but he is generous and shares his knowledge freely. He has also performed at the Magic Castle.

I thought he was banned from the magic castle as someone mentioned in a earlier post?
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10519 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I was never band from anything IF YOU want to know ABOUT MY PRIVATE LIFE PM ME
AND YOUR COMMENT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PENGUIN LECTURE A TROLL MADE that STATEMENT

VINNY
Come check out my magic.

KazMagic
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of KazMagic
Why do some people try to insult other magicians...
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10519 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
They think it elevates them ...
Come check out my magic.

MaxArtifice
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of MaxArtifice
Okay, that's it for me. I'm going to watch Vinny's lecture.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
7958 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yes, and as The Great, Ed Sullivan used to say, "It's gonna be a really big shoe"....errrrr, I mean "show!" 😁

It's tonight, 2/25 @ 7PM on Penguin LIVE... Enjoy all! 🎩

www.penguinmagic.com/p/9421

Click here to view attached image.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Vinny Marini, who is he? (37 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL