The Magic Café
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » I don't want to preach with magic but... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
I'm not pastoral. Not at all. It's just not my calling. I do my best to live the Law and practice His teachings every day. I'm not perfect. not even close. I want to lead by example and help people to find Him in all they do. My life compass has taken me to to some deeply dark places and only through Him have seen the light. Question? How can I open the door to His grace WITHOUT preaching? How can I use my performance as an example of his love WITHOUT direct biblical offerings. Is it enough to live the life WITHOUT ministering? Any help would go a long way. Thank you brothers and sisters.
"I think it's clear that if we move people emotionally and have them experience our show on a visceral level they will have been entertained." Me

"When I was young I thought I was clever and could change the world. But now I am wise and instead changed MYSELF." Sudo Nimh
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2012 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
At minimum, you're giving people rest. You aim to help them relax and take their minds off of their worries for an appropriate length of time. Are you good at magic? Do you love doing it? God will be glorified in your favorite good pleasures and satisfactions. A scene of Eric Lidell from "Chariots of Fire" comes to mind. "I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure."
The secret of deception is in making the truth sound ridiculous.
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of jdstewart
I would suggest you take Martin Luther's advice. The cobbler does not serve God by putting crosses on shoes. He serves God by being the best cobbler he can be. Be the best entertainer you can be. Work at being better.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » I don't want to preach with magic but... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL