The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ [Review] Icharge 2.0 by Silver Wing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1525 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
ICharge 2.0 Ė Silver Wing

Product description : This was released quite a few times ago, and it has divided people : is it good ? Is it something worth the price asked ? The idea behind this is simple, you take a phone charge as well as a phone (you can provide both but borrowing them is stronger in my opinion). You plug in the charging cable in the phone and hold the other side in your hand. You can now snap your fingers and the phone is beginning to charge up. And you can stop the charging whenever you want. Just unplug the charging cable and give the item back to your audience.

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at $65 and you can find it in nearly every Murphy's magic ę partner Ľ shop !

What you get : The packaging is quite nice, a small cardboard box with a flashy silver writing on it, so it has to be something good ! Well, if it was all about the packaging, this would get an A+ but fortunately, this is not all about packaging. Inside, youíll find a small piece of paper, quite clumsy, with a vimeo link and a password. The video has to be the most horrible one Iíve seen in my review product life.. Poor quality, image and sound are horrible, the girl doesnít speak English well, we canít hear her, and itís just a horrible experience. Fortunately, itís a rather quick one, the video only last 4 or 5 minutes, no live performances, nothing ! The gimmick seems nice, I just donít understand why they made it like this, itís not practical at all. It works fine but itsís rather big, youíll have to hide it in your hands. Overall, Iím just upset with this, itís absolutely not worth the $65 asked !

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2_-sU2NkN4

The pros and the cons : Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS :
Ė So, where to begin ? Why did they make the gimmick ďthis wayí ? Itís really unconfortable and very hard to use. Plus the fact the gimmick is quite big, your experience with it is not the best.
Ė The setup of the trick is quite hard, you have to plug the charging cable in the gimmick and itís not easy at all. They didnít use this, Iím sure they didnít test it prior the release, they just wanted to make easy and quick money.
Ė You donít really charge the phone, you give the illusion itís charging up but you really canít charge the phone.
Ė Itís way too pricy for what it is, you canít just put a high price because itís a technological item, people are not dumb, if they canít use it, they wonít be happy with it.
Ė The colour of the charging cable is important, since the gimmick is quite white, youíll have to use a white charging cable.
Ė The video is just horrible, they shot it with a phone, really, the worst video Iíve seen.

THE PROS :
Ė The effect is quite cool when you think about it, being able to charge a phone at your will is very impressive.
Ė You can control when you want to start the charging process.
Ė You could do a mentalism routine with it but they donít teach you anything on the video.

Overall rating : I donít understand all the quotes from famous magicians, itís a crappy product with crappy production values, I canít recommend this, at all, 1/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, you have to palm the gimmick, itís not ergonomic, I would say 2/5 stars.

Similar products : I donít really know any other physical product which will allow you to perform such effect but I wonít order anything else from this company !

If you liked this review, make sure to check all my other ones on my website : http://lesavisdalexis.wixsite.com/reviews
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ [Review] Icharge 2.0 by Silver Wing (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL