The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » The Performer's Iceberg (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
I believe someone posted a pic of the performer's iceberg... a pic showing the tip of the icerberg (what the client sees) and the larger, underwater portion, showing the "behind the scenes" work going into the performance. I would like a high quality pic of this, one for my business posting, and another for a large poster I will make to frame above my desk, to keep me in line when a prospect is trying to talk me down from my fee! Any help locating this would be appreciated.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Google "business posters motivational iceberg" and then look under images. There are lots of different motivational ones using the iceberg illustration, and different applications.

- Donald

P.S. I did a basic search of the Tricky Business area of The Magic Café with the keyword "Iceberg", and no posts came up in the last couple of years with that image. Just some posts where people use the word "iceberg" in another context.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2018, Donald Dunphy wrote:
Google "business posters motivational iceberg" and then look under images. There are lots of different motivational ones using the iceberg illustration, and different applications.

- Donald

P.S. I did a basic search of the Tricky Business area of The Magic Café with the keyword "Iceberg", and no posts came up in the last couple of years with that image. Just some posts where people use the word "iceberg" in another context.

Thanks, Donald, I did the same searches as well. Maybe someone posted in on facebook. I thought of making one myself, but the one I saw was perfect. Also, I'll be PMing you on a completely different subject I've been thinking about contacting you on for several weeks. Thanks.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
I'll open this up to everyone... I'll make my own, and I'd like to ask what descriptions (marketing, costuming, etc.) should be included in the bottom, unseen portion of the iceberg.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I also thought that this might have been something (that I also saw) shared on Facebook. Maybe on another performer's profile, or in one of the various groups.

-----

This article might be of interest to you, because it's about the topic of a performer's worth:

http://schoolshows.blogspot.ca/2010/11/h......ong.html ("He Wants How Much? I’M IN THE WRONG PROFESSION!: Why Performers Are Worth Their Fees", by Judy Pancoast)

I remember reading it years ago on the SchoolShows.com website, but now they've moved it to their blog.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Fantastic article, Donald, thanks for the link. May post the link on my Facebook page. Wonder if it sinks in?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
If you happen to find that performers iceberg pic, please, please share it with me. I am really interested in it. I think it would be a big help when talking on the phone to a prospective client.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2018, Donald Dunphy wrote:
I also thought that this might have been something (that I also saw) shared on Facebook. Maybe on another performer's profile, or in one of the various groups.

-----

This article might be of interest to you, because it's about the topic of a performer's worth:

http://schoolshows.blogspot.ca/2010/11/h......ong.html ("He Wants How Much? I’M IN THE WRONG PROFESSION!: Why Performers Are Worth Their Fees", by Judy Pancoast)

That is amazing how much of that can be paraleled with a magic career!!
I remember reading it years ago on the SchoolShows.com website, but now they've moved it to their blog.

- Donald

That is amazing how much of that can be paraleled with a magic career!!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » The Performer's Iceberg (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL