The Magic Café
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Magic Photo Camera By Mago Flash & Nahuel Olivera Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

View Profile
New user
Perth Western Australia
1 Post

Profile of Tarot
As a professional entertainer and purchaser of props for 37+ years I was surprised
to receive a prop that was so woeful in manufacture and possibly the worst I have ever bought.

The idea for this prop is wonderful, the Video advertising the camera looks great BUT
What you get is nothing like what is on the video and the workmanship and paint job are horrendous.
Purchased mine from a Magic dealer in the US and with postage and exchange rate the prop finally cost
me $206.00 Australian.

The cost approximately to make the effect about $20.00.

The camera is nothing more than a tip over box with a tin can attached to the door of the load chamber
which is meant to be the lens and a squeaker on the top. The 3 panels back, front and load chamber only have one hinge in the middle
which makes the panels flop around. The hinges are attached to the panels with pop rivets OK for the back and front
panel but the tin can is also attached with pop rivets to the load chamber door that are sharp so you may cut you hand
getting items out. There is no stop around the load chamber to stop the load chamber door from falling in,
The catch for the load chamber is made from strap iron used to hold timber together.
The inside of the load chamber is made from a piece of cheap satin, could have used an elasticized material.

The paint work is shoddy, no primer or undercoat used and lots of over spray, not a professional paint job.

In working the front and back panel opens OK going forwards but in reverse the back panel sticks open because the edges
are not beveled and the wobble caused by only having one hinge.

I have not decided whether to pull it apart and try and make it into a decent prop or dump it in the bin and
make my own with better materials that will probably cost me $40.00 plus my time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Magic Photo Camera By Mago Flash & Nahuel Olivera Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL