We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Torched and Restored... without a lighter (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SamuelJonesMagic
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of SamuelJonesMagic
Hey my guys,
So I love This effect, but I'm 15 and want to do it in school and stuff, not only would a lighter be unnatural for me to carry around but like if anyone sees any kind of fire in my school they'll freak out lol.
What could I do as an alternative? Of course replacing the lighter with another object would do... any logical suggestions?
Or maybe you have an different way of ditching the pieces that doesn't use another object.
Any help with this effect would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
2859 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
There are so many torn and restored card tricks almost all of which don't use fire. Jay Sankey has methods, JC Wagner etc. I searched penguin and found "Quarterly Returns".
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
langston3711
View Profile
Regular user
Cumming, GA
146 Posts

Profile of langston3711
Lighter is definitely best and really makes this trick but if you simply cannot have a lighter at school and still enjoy this handling then try using a tube of chapstick as an impromptu magic wand. Its black with white tips and you could logically carry it around. Just ditch as you go for the chapstick and then wave it over the pieces to restore. Hope this helps.

Steve
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
SamuelJonesMagic
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of SamuelJonesMagic
Just found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CETyXnxhF8
Looks like a variation of torched and restored, so I messed around and came up with this effect. Pretty cool!
Basically it involves ditching all the pieces on the back of the card, so no need for going to pocket until you want to ditch.
Just wanna let you guys know in case you find this performance inspiring Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Torched and Restored... without a lighter (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL