The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Draven Reviews: the Peek Pack by Brian Gillis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

William Draven
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, NV
486 Posts

Profile of William Draven
Title: The Peek
Artist: Brian Gillis
Producers: Gregory Wilson Presents
Link: Available At Your Favorite Murphy’s Magic Dealer
Demo Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZw9rp9M-eA
Retail Price: $45.00 USD
Learning Difficulty: Easy
Length of Video: 28 Minutes (approx.)

Brian Gillis has released his take on the Tossed Out Deck in a product he’s calling “The Peek Pack”. Gregory Wilson joins Brian in the instructional video to discuss the power and versatility on this deck. For the sake of the review, I’m going to assume you know the basic goings on with a TOD routine. Four spectators, give or take, a selection for each, and the performer calls out the selections getting it all right. The weakness of this routine has always been in how the performer reveals the selections. Usually they can’t tell you who had what. With The Peek Pack, you can!

The deck is standard Bicycle 808’s, and gaffed to the hilt. The deck should last a long time under regular use since you’re only riffling the cards a couple times each performance. I’ve beat the hell out of my deck in practice writing this review, and it’s holding up nicely. I think the video is a little long coming in just shy of thirty minutes, but they do discuss the history of Brian’s trick, and his thoughts on how it handles, so that’s nice.

As I said the advantage to the Peek Pack is that the performer knows exactly who is thinking of what card. Also the peek pack gives you the option of forcing up to six cards in a single performance, and controlling exactly where those six cards go! This makes it a powerhouse of an effect for close up or parlor. I question the use of this on a large stage, because I’m not sure it would read well but maybe it would work with proper video projection? If there is any limitation to it, then that would have to be in the fact that the deck is never examined, nor handled by anyone other than the magician.

I love the Tossed Out Deck idea, and I think Brian’s got a killer real world handling of it. It’s no wonder why this has been a carefully guarded secret of his until now. I enjoyed reviewing this trick, and if you love card tricks and mentalism, then you’re going to love it too!

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The three points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 8
Great idea, and worth the price paid!

Teaching Quality: 8
Easy to follow instructions. A little memory work, but nothing too hard.

Overall Quality: 8
A great trick! A must have for any mental magician.

Do you have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at thewilliamdraven@gmail.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews! Don't forget to like my blog where all my reviews are posted at www.williamdraven.wordpress.com.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Draven Reviews: the Peek Pack by Brian Gillis (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL