The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card Castle Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1039 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
I am working on a routine which requires a custom card castle production. The castle will use letter cards depicting full alphabet. There are several posts in this section on magicians who have made their own but little detail on the planning (type and shape of castle) and construction techniques employed. Most seem to have done it through trial and error or backwards engineering a commercial product. Does anyone have recommendations of other resources (books, dvds, etc) on their creation?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There was a book on for making a Card Castle published many years ago, it was called, "How To Make A Card Castle". I do not believe it is available any longer, as the author Passed away in 2014.

I have the book, and built several myself, but I am a DIY kind of guy.

There are basically two types of Card Castles, The old Thayer and Abbott's models have been replaced with the zigzag model, that has become the norm.

It is not an easy task, and time consuming to make your own.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1039 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Thank you for the reply, Bill! You sent me in the right direction.

An internet search for that book found a used copy on Amazon. It is by John Fedko.

A short video clip by Montys Magic also came up.

Ironically, two other Café forum threads came up in the search as well. I didn't see them via the Café search engine. Both recommended the Fedko booklet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card Castle Production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL