We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Michael Ammar "Easy to Master Card Miracles" - do the DVDs have chapters? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EndersGame
View Profile
Special user
Reviewer EndersGame
947 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Michael Ammar's DVD series "Easy to Master Card Miracles" is full of classic "workers".

Do the DVDs in this series have chapter divisions?

What I mean is: How do you navigate between the different tricks on the DVDs in this series?

Is the DVD just a single continuous take without chapter divisions, or does it have a menu that lets you navigate directly to a trick or explanation of your choice?

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==

Want me to write a review of your playing cards or magic? Contact me via Private Message.
iccemann101
View Profile
New user
Dark Side of the Moon
48 Posts

Profile of iccemann101
Yes the Dvd's have chapter division in them. they also have a menu that lets you navigate directly to the trick.
Terry Miller
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Terry Miller
I think pretty much all magic dvds have chapters.
The Easy to Master series is well thought out: great material, well explained.
EndersGame
View Profile
Special user
Reviewer EndersGame
947 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Thanks for the feedback, and I appreciate the help! I just wanted to be sure before getting some of these DVDs. I placed an order just now, and look forward to them arriving.

From what I've read, #1, #2, #4 and #5 seem especially to be favourites for many people?

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==

Want me to write a review of your playing cards or magic? Contact me via Private Message.
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
587 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
I have #1 and #3. Everything is taught well, but to tell the truth there are only four or five effects that have actually made their way into my working repertoire: Triumph, 8-Card Brainwave (although I can't tell you the last time I performed this for someone), Red Hot Mama, Further Than That, and Jazz Aces (although I made several modifications). I played around with several of the others (the Paul Harris Las Vegas Leaper, Cannibal Kings, Acrobatic Aces, Secret to a Perfect Royal Flush, Between the Palms, and Color Changing Deck), but I never kept up with them. (There is nothing wrong with these effects or the way in which he teaches them; I just simply wasn't digging them enough to supplant some of the other card effects I was doing...)

I am pretty sure Mr. Ammar teaches the Martin Nash version of Collins Aces on one of these sets, as well. As usual he does an excellent job -- but if you already have Mr. Nash's explanation, it is pretty much identical.

Based on the contents, #2 sounds pretty great (not sure why I never bought it -- probably because I already had learned several of these from other sources): Twisting the Aces, Daley's Last Trick, Card Warp, Overkill, and That's It are all winners.
EndersGame
View Profile
Special user
Reviewer EndersGame
947 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
How well are these standing the test of time do you think?

Have the routines in this collection been superseded by better material that's come out in the last 10-15 years? Or are they holding up well?

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Riding the Cancer Recovery Coaster into
4195 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
They are holding up so well that the single routines are being release one at a time (for around $10 ea) by Penguin as "Legends" downloads. I still perform many of the effects from all 9 of the now dvds in the series. I would drop them in an instant if they didn't get great reactions as I have several books of different material I could use instead.
Cancer Sux

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
EndersGame
View Profile
Special user
Reviewer EndersGame
947 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Got some links to these individual Legends downloads on Penguin?

I can't seem to find them, and am curious which ones they picked.

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Riding the Cancer Recovery Coaster into
4195 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2018, EndersGame wrote:
Got some links to these individual Legends downloads on Penguin?

I can't seem to find them, and am curious which ones they picked.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9416
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9446
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9492
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9468
Cancer Sux

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1213 Posts

Profile of lynnef
I really appreciate Mr Ammar's teaching style, and have the full set (the first ones on VHS, which came with printed instructions). All of them feature classics, and even on #9, he has the very strong effect, 'the Visitor', from Larry Jennings which I've found to be a real jaw-dropper. Michael always gives proper credit and even tells viewers to check out the original sources. The title "Easy to Master" is true, in that the effects do not include the more difficult sleights. However, the effects themselves are carefully selected to really put on a show. Also as the OP asks, it is not one continuous take; and the tricks are presented in sets as if in actual performance. And, like I say, he gives credit, and will lead you to other magicians and their works. Lynn
docguitarman
View Profile
Veteran user
Thousand Oaks, California
312 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
L&L ePub now has all downloads on sale 60% off. Time to pick up a couple of more volumes of EtoMCM!
EndersGame
View Profile
Special user
Reviewer EndersGame
947 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On May 22, 2018, docguitarman wrote:
L&L ePub now has all downloads on sale 60% off. Time to pick up a couple of more volumes of EtoMCM!

Just $14 each. Wow, that's a VERY good deal!

For example, here are the first three volumes:
http://llepub.com/index.php?main_page=pr......ts_id=72
http://llepub.com/index.php?main_page=pr......ts_id=74
http://llepub.com/index.php?main_page=pr......ts_id=75

I just bought the actual DVDs recently, and they were all more than $30 each. Definitely a great opportunity for those who don't have the series yet!

SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
600 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
Do the downloads have the same image quality as the DVDs?
docguitarman
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
I don't know as I only own a couple of the downloads. My impression is that the video quality seems to be about the same as standard def DVDs.
EndersGame
View Profile
Special user
Reviewer EndersGame
947 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
The one advantage of DVDs is that they are easy to navigate, and find a particular effect, so personally I prefer the DVDs.

But if this offer had been around at the time when I was buying the DVDs a few months ago, I think I might have picked up the downloads instead, given the cost saving!

docguitarman
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Depending on what media software one has it is possible to burn the downloads to DVD and add chapters to a main menu.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2703 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2018, JoeHohman wrote:

I am pretty sure Mr. Ammar teaches the Martin Nash version of Collins Aces on one of these sets, as well. As usual he does an excellent job -- but if you already have Mr. Nash's explanation, it is pretty much identical.

No Ammar teaches the Martin Lewis version of Collins Aces.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Michael Ammar "Easy to Master Card Miracles" - do the DVDs have chapters? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL