The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Malaysia... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

patapon
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
135 Posts

Profile of patapon
Hi all, do post if you are from around here ;-)

Learned this as a kid, and recently was blown away by the talent at last year's Edinburgh Fringe, so starting to pick this up again (decades later!).

Am especially interested in close up tricks that use everyday (aka "innocent") items (or props that look "innocent"!), so do post if you know of some good ones! At the moment, I've just got tricks using a regular deck, local coins, Ignition, Cipher, which is awesome!

Am looking at Inject by Rostami, but I can't find any instructions for the free ESP trick that came with the free App, so have no clue how to perform it like Greg shows it in his video, and hence, not yet convinced to buy it for the fear that like many promo videos, they don't actually show you exactly all the steps involved in performing the trick.

Look forward to your posts!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Suggest that you begin reading THE TARBELL COURSE. (iT'S AVAILABLE FREE ON pdf. Most of the act that I made a living with, for 70 years, "came" from Tarbell.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
patapon
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
135 Posts

Profile of patapon
Awesome! Thanks very much! I've realized that with internet, there are more than enough tricks that one can learn online absolutely free!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Aye laddie! (You mentioned Edinburgh.) I assume that you're a Scot. You do speak good English for a foreigner!!! (hee hee!)

The "Tarbell Course In Magic" was written in >>1927<<<<` It was a Correspondence "School" Course, mailed to you one or two lessons at a time, printed on 8 1/2" z 11" sheets oF paper. You will learn the PRINCIPLES, but the PRESENTATION is somewhat outdated. With a bit of common sense, and, your imagination, that can be quite easily "fixed".

I prefer to use GENERIC ('innocent") props, too. --That's what caught my attention. At this point, like most people, you are, apparently, fascinated by learning new tricks! Have patience (and, remain curious!) Here is what S.H. Sharpe, an Englishman, said about that:

"...Those who think that magic consists of doing tricks, are strangers to magic. Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained." Sharpe was not the world's greatest performer, but, he did understand "magic"!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
patapon
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
135 Posts

Profile of patapon
I am a foreigner... just not a Scot ;-)

I'm a Malaysian but my son studied in Edinburgh for 4 years so its my "2nd home", usually around Fringe time!

Great place to see outstanding magicians - everything from a packed pub to the big stage - and 80% of them free, though you are encouraged to support them with a donation if you enjoyed the show.

We saw more than 20 shows over a period of 2 weeks, and there were probably a dozen or more that we didn't get to see.

Do post if you know of other events/festivals where one can catch a huge number of shows within a short space of time!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Malaysia... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL