The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dunn Deal by Shaun Dunn (57 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2018, Judah Vee wrote:
...But am I the only one a bit annoyed that this is not just a download? I will tread carefully with what I say next as to avoid exposure, but I imagine most magicians have this gimmick somewhere in their arsenal, possibly already in use though not in this way...

No, you are not the only one. There are so many effects which I have purchased over the years where the gimmick was not included, but should have been. This would seem to be one where it was not necessary to include it, and I could have been saved a $7 shipping charge had it simply been a download.
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
The shipping to the UK prohibits getting this but if it is a s******r deck a d/load would be great
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
We do offer free shipping on orders over $50.
P3
practice practice perform.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2018, rosariorose9 wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2018, Judah Vee wrote:
...But am I the only one a bit annoyed that this is not just a download? I will tread carefully with what I say next as to avoid exposure, but I imagine most magicians have this gimmick somewhere in their arsenal, possibly already in use though not in this way...

No, you are not the only one. There are so many effects which I have purchased over the years where the gimmick was not included, but should have been. This would seem to be one where it was not necessary to include it, and I could have been saved a $7 shipping charge had it simply been a download.

They could easily offer this as a download and mention that it requires a common gimmick. Then after watching the download, since it's INSTANT, the purchaser can decide if they want to order the gimmick or not.
OR- Immediately after the purchase is complete, a message could be sent indicating what gimmick is required.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I do wish they'd offer a download only option as I already have a couple of the needed items and don't want to pay for another plus shipping. Same with a previous release, Beyond Perfect ESP, but the gimmicks you got in the mail didn't work that well and I already had what was needed.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2018, ted french wrote:
We do offer free shipping on orders over $50.

Why didn’t you say. I’ve just ordered 3.
Charming Cheat
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Charming Cheat
Is full performance available?
Not that youtuber.
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs, Colorado
218 Posts

Profile of WolfgangStiller
OOTW has been a worker for me for years and I get really strong reactions. I am always looking for improvements so this looks like money well spent. I made ordered one. Yeah, having this available as a DL would have been nice.
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Yes penguin now offer free shipping to the uk for orders over $50.00.At last,must say this looks awesome. If it's technically the same as cosmos duo,I have it.Would be nice if could get just a dl.I really like dan Harlan and know this is gonna be good and practical.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
You gotta love who Harlan picks to perform for. The trick is great but what a waste on certain types of drunk girls that can’t appreciate it. The one in particular looks like she’s having trouble just going along. Bless her heart😂.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2018, MagicBrent wrote:
You gotta love who Harlan picks to perform for. The trick is great but what a waste on certain types of drunk girls that can’t appreciate it. The one in particular looks like she’s having trouble just going along. Bless her heart😂.

You must have watched a different video than I did.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
As for the drunk girls, lol Columbus is a college town with a bar on every corner. We definitely have fun here. Glad everyone is loving the routine.
P3
practice practice perform.
Magicsecret
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Magicsecret
Is there any uncut performance??
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2018, Magicsecret wrote:
Is there any uncut performance??

Oh the irony of your words!
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I have never been able to successfully do the "move" 100% the first time. Every once in a while O do, but there are too many occasions where it takes two or even three times. That just doesn't look natural.
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
It's weird because I would have agreed with you previously, but I've performed this a few times now and it's worked 100% every time. Even in practice I never fail. Might be the deck?
Jambo
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Jambo
This is a clever approach to wow your audience with. for me this is the kind of trick I pull out when I get the "come on show us one more" line.
Shauns come up with what I feel is a very underrated effect here. kudos
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Purchased this. Now Dan's instructions are, as always, second to none. No complaint, there.

That said, you need a "touch" to be able to use the gimmick flawlessly. And if you can't do it flawlessly, the purpose of the effect is defeated. Personally, I have tried for years to develop that touch with this particular gimmick. No can do. Just like I can't do "The Coin That Falls Up." Some people can, though.

No amount of practice has ever helped me to be able to do it. Some of us have it, and some of us don't. Has a lot to do with one's hands or fingers, I suppose? Maybe it's genetics. I don't know.

So for me, it was a waste of money. Your mileage may vary.

I'm sticking with Paul Harris's "Galaxy."
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2018, daffydoug wrote:
Purchased this. Now Dan's instructions are, as always, second to none. No complaint, there.

That said, you need a "touch" to be able to use the gimmick flawlessly. And if you can't do it flawlessly, the purpose of the effect is defeated. Personally, I have tried for years to develop that touch with this particular gimmick. No can do. Just like I can't do "The Coin That Falls Up." Some people can, though.

No amount of practice has ever helped me to be able to do it. Some of us have it, and some of us don't. Has a lot to do with one's hands or fingers, I suppose? Maybe it's genetics. I don't know.

So for me, it was a waste of money. Your mileage may vary.

I'm sticking with Paul Harris's "Galaxy."

Agreed 100 percent. Reason why I never wasted my money either.
smikey12000
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of smikey12000
Well thanx for Commiserating
rowdymagi5
and
daffydoug
I have often sat on my bed at night
trying to get the move down
Hundreds of times...
for a different popular outstanding "Out Of This World" Item
That I just love , and Also Just wish I could perform.
I have seen many rattle it off like nothing
Me on the other hand
...Not so much...
Sometimes I get all the cards
But only about 70% of the time
Often times I can be off my 2 or 3
Sometimes even more
so Frustratingly Since I could not rely on myself
I could never perform this truly excellent version
Sometimes I feel I have a better chance with fewer cards; Less than a full deck
But, any-who
Feeling a little less depressed that there are others like me...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dunn Deal by Shaun Dunn (57 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL