The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Blind Wizard Deck by Don Boyer (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
The Blind Wizard Deck Red Tally Ho Circle Back (Gimmicks and Online Instructions) by Don Boyer
FREE SHIPPING TO UNITED KINGDOM.

Our Price: £53.73/$60

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
BOMB-AZZ!!! I WANT A BRICK OF THESE! Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2018, EZrhythm wrote:

No sweat....that'll be $720 please ;-)
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
So anyone pony up for this deck yet ? Is this really worth $60 ? I love the idea of an end stripper, but yikes... really.... $60 ?
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
I just purchased from Andrew over at https://www.magicandsuch.com/product/the......n-boyer/

I've been wanting a deck like this for a gambling demonstration so I feel it is worth it for me.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I feel that it is way too expensive (just my opinion). Basically a stripper deck, that will wear out with a lot of use. And to replace it would be too cost prohibitive.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Great point! I didn't go through with the order as Martini's Magic has end cut strippers for $12.50. I can mark the decks myself for feel and sight. Smile
blurrylines
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of blurrylines
The answer to a simple question will determine whether I purchase, does card oreintation matter for the stripping action?
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Yes
Don Boyer
View Profile
New user
greater NYC area
6 Posts

Profile of Don Boyer
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2018, EZrhythm wrote:

Glad you like them! They're currently on back-order at Murphy's Magic Supplies while I make more decks for their re-order. They should have some back in about three months.

To give you a break down...

If you get a professional-grade stripper deck - an ordinary edge stripper, not an end stripper - that can run you at least $25 if not more.

This is a pro-grade end stripper, with a very shallow cut. It's very difficult to detect, even for spectators aware of what stripper decks are and do. Best part is that with end stripping, you use an overhand shuffle instead of a Hindu shuffle to manipulated turned cards. It's a much more natural-looking handling to your audience.

As far as the marking system... Each card is marked in two corners on the back AND two corners on the faces. Yes, the faces are also marked, letting you read the bottom card of a stack without resorting to peeks or shiners. I love using that, personally - I used to use the Houdini Magic Gambler's Deck for similar purposes, because I'd let my spectator cut the deck and show off the bottom card, saying "Here's your card, on the bottom - I can't see it, I can't even see the back of it, so if it was marked, it wouldn't do me any good..." But Gambler's Decks required that you keep the deck in stack order, while this one DOESN'T. You can freely shuffle it and still read the bottom card, no sweat.

Each individual corner has anywhere from three to seven punch marks, depending on the card's value and suit. For an entire deck, that's ONE THOUSAND TWENTY-FOUR punch marks. It takes a LOT of time and work to make that many punch marks, and I was "mass-producing" these decks for Murphy's - their initial order was for 150 decks. A good marked deck like the Ultimate Marked Deck can run you a pretty penny, and it may be a reader but you still need to see it to read it!

So yes, $60 isn't unreasonable. Considering how quickly they sold out, they could easily have gone for more. For now, at least, I'm keeping the price the same for the products I'm sending to Murphy's. I do also take on commissions to make custom-tailored decks for individuals, if you were interested in having your own end stripper, Blind Wizard, breather deck, etc. Check out www.thedecktailor.com for more info.
The Deck Tailor - custom alterations for magicians and mechanics!
www.thedecktailor.com
Pre-gaffed decks for sale: www.donboyermagic.com

VP/Dir., Club Forum/Chair, Diamond Awards Cmte.
52 Plus Joker, www.52plusjoker.org

Admin, www.playingcardforum.com
The official forum of 52 Plus Joker
Magic NAO
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Magic NAO
Hi Don, just sent you a pm.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Very reasonably priced considering Don.
BlindWizard
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of BlindWizard
I just ordered one of these and spoke with Don today I was very impressed with his care and attention to detail. I can’t wait to get my hands on it. I will leave a review once I have had a chance to take it through it’s pacess. We should update the packaging though the wizard on the box looks nothing like me.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Don,

first congratulations for the release.

Great combination on a single deck.

Best
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Congratulations Don, and keep up the great work!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Considering the money he had to invest on the specialty jigs to make these decks, the time and effort to learn exactly how each card must be oriented and the one at a time cutting involved. Now toss in what his time is worth to sit and make these. $60 is way more than fair. To be perfectly honest, It could have been more so that less magicians could have a more exclusive piece. This is certainly not a "hobbyest" or "beginner" deck (my opinion). I feel the guys who are using these are performing routines that can be closely scrutinized (even by other magicians) and still fool badly.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
BlindWizard
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of BlindWizard
Ok after working with the deck for a few months I have to say I couldn’t ask for a better deck tailored to my needs as a magician. Thank you so much Don. I will be in contact again soon for more.
juggler357
View Profile
New user
AUS
83 Posts

Profile of juggler357
I hadn't heard of this deck before, looks incredible.
Once is entertainment, twice is education.
juggler357
View Profile
New user
AUS
83 Posts

Profile of juggler357
OK I got the deck but I'm struggling to 'pick up' the markings, any tips? I know it's just me just can't seem to make it out.
Once is entertainment, twice is education.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Blind Wizard Deck by Don Boyer (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL