The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Marc Paul's A.C.T.S of Mentalism (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
marcpaul
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of marcpaul
I know that you are interested in mentalism so I have an offer for you. Would you like to spend a couple of evenings learning some of my personal performance material?

On the 4th and 5th April I’ll be doing an Alakazam Online Academy. Both sessions will be broadcast live so you will be able to ask me any questions you like and interact with me during the lessons. Each session will start at 7pm (GMT) and are likely to last between 3 and 4 hours each. You can enrol for just one day or for both it’s up to you. These are not just lectures, yes of course you will learn a load of effects, but the real purpose is to teach you the moves, performing tips, misdirection and theory that make the tricks more impossible, more deceptive and far more engaging, which in turn will help to make you a better performer. Using the latest in Live Streaming technology and having every lesson hosted by one of the Alakazam team will ensure that things run super smooth. When the sessions have ended they will be uploaded to your account (usually within 24 hours) so no need to worry if you can’t make the actual date or time. You will not miss out!
Please visit https://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Marc-......ril.html for more details. There you will find a video of me describing what will be covered in the sessions OR you can have a look below for a written list. You can also enrol for the course at the link above just follow the instructions, at the moment there is a discount for early subscribers.
I promise you it will be fun and you’ll be learning lots of material and ideas that I have not talked about anywhere before. I’m really excited by this project; I hope that you can join me.
Marc Paul

Here are the details of what I’ll be talking about…

Marc Pauls A.C.T.S of Mentalism
Marc has been a performer and creator of mentalism for almost 30 years. He has performed all over the world and has racked up thousands of hours of performing experience.In this course Marc will teach a master class in mentalism that covers four major areas of effects.

AAA Effects (Amazing, Anytime, Anyplace effects)
Classic Effects
Themed and Trade Show Effects
Showstoppers

AAA Effects: These are mostly close-up effects that can be performed in any environment. They take very little preparation and use a minimal amount of props, normally just a pen and a few business cards. Marc will teach…
• Two completely impromptu “Billet Reading Systems” that will enable you to reveal ANY thought the spectator cares to think about.
• A detailed session on visually deceptive billet switches.
• A detailed session on the Centre Tear.
• The AAA Booktest including a brand new presentation of the effect.
• How to make small effects play big.

Classic Effects: In this section Marc will teach his personal handlings of three massive corner stones of mentalism…
• Cassidy’s classic “Name & Place” (Two variations)
• A two envelope streamline version of “4th Dimensional Telepathy” which completely eliminates the one-ahead.
• A bonus version of 4DT that is super easy and incorporates an unusual method.
• Annemann’s “Telepathy Plus” updated, streamlined and modernised.
When learned correctly these three routines will provide you with a solid time tested framework on which to build a complete mentalism act.

Themed Effects: Over the years Marc has had to create many bespoke effects for the purpose of promoting a company’s product or service. These effects were used at corporate events and trade shows. By their very nature they are designed to be flexible and can be tailored to pretty much fit any product or service. To working professionals these are worth their weight in gold!
• An overview of this lucrative field.
• The Three Benefits, a stand-up routine for corporate speakers.
• Trade Show Drawing Duplication.
• Conover’s Concept. A genius idea from the late and great Tim Conover.
• Applied Free Will. An extremely flexible application of the “Free Will” principle.
• No Memory! A clever envelope routine that enables you to deliver exactly the messages your client wants BUT without having to memorize a single word.

Showstoppers: These routines are designed to really blow audiences minds! They feature multiple reveals that escalate towards a climax.
• “Three Envelopes and Nine Reveals”. This is a streamlined version of Marc’s envelope test that first appeared on his Penguin Live lecture. Over the last few years and after many conversations with Nick Einhorn it has become the show stopping finale to one of Marc’s cruise ship acts.
• Close –up Version by Nick Einhorn
• Structuring Reveals
• Thoughts on “Challenge Thought”
• The Ultimate Solution?

Bonuses: There will also be a couple of bonus close-up magic routines taught. Marc has kept these to himself for years and feels that the time is right to share…
• Climax Mental Photography Routine. This is the routine Marc has closed at tables with for the last 20 years. He’s never shared it until now!
• Table Hoppers Linking Finger Ring Routine. Yep, that’s right, a close–up table hopping version of the classic Linking Finger Rings, that does NOT use a Himber Ring! This is a reputation maker!

For more information and details about how to enrol please click here https://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Marc-......ril.html
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1246 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Wow, no brainer!
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
8697 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Exactly!
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
8697 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Why so much closeup material?
Mark Timon
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
My prayers have been heard! Hallelujah!!
Mark Timon
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
16565 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2018, Mindpro wrote:

I'm very surprised you don't know that answer.
BRUTISHLY STARLIT - READINGS COMPENDIUM
www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
4908 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Fantastic Marc, thanks for all your efforts and creativity at work.

Adding "Amazing" to the AAA concept is a thing of beauty !
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3188 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Fantastic, this is exciting stuff from Marc.
Stunninger
View Profile
Special user
986 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
This lecture looks great! Big fan of Marc Paul.
Lemniscate
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of Lemniscate
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2018, IAIN wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2018, Mindpro wrote:

I'm very surprised you don't know that answer.

I think he is trying to make some sort of point.

¯|_(ツ)_/¯

I'm looking forward to it myself!

-Lem
thatmichaelguy
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of thatmichaelguy
Are these courses available after the fact for those that can't be present for the live stream? I got a lot out of Marc's Penguin Live lecture and would love to have this one as well (but can't be online during the live, unfortunately.)
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
16565 Posts

Profile of IAIN
BRUTISHLY STARLIT - READINGS COMPENDIUM
www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2018, thatmichaelguy wrote:
Are these courses available after the fact for those that can't be present for the live stream? I got a lot out of Marc's Penguin Live lecture and would love to have this one as well (but can't be online during the live, unfortunately.)

If you register for it, even if you can not attend, you should be able to stream it at a later date.
thatmichaelguy
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of thatmichaelguy
Amazing. Thanks!
Seth speaks
View Profile
Special user
How odd... I almost have one more than
974 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
I just signed up! This sounds terrific!
Doughlas
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
173 Posts

Profile of Doughlas
Signed up and am excited to see what you present!
marcpaul
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of marcpaul
Hi Mindpro,
Just to answer your question about why so much "close-up material"...
In the new lecture I'll talk about how I make quite small effects play bigger for stage performances. As a mentalist I want to use the minimum amount of props so that my show has the feeling of being real mind-reading. For example a billet effect like "Name and Place" can be used in close-up or on stage. In fact the version I'll be teaching I have used as the climax to one of my cruise ship stage shows for years. I have used it in theaters that seat 1000 people! My view is that mentalism is about people. People are your props and they are visible to everyone. The fact that the method used two pieces of paper and two pencils does not limit its use to the close-up enviroment. If anything the method becomes more invisible.
I hope that gives you a better idea about why I've chosen the material I have.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
8697 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Thanks, Marc, much appreciated. I look forward to it. I have always subscribed to the opposite belief that stage mentalism can be more easily made to play smaller than the opposite, but welcome to see your thoughts on this. I agree that mentalism is about people and impact which is why it pains me to see so much interest and discussion of method and execution here these days. I think this is a perspective of workers more than just enthusiasts of the art.

Thanks for the clarification.
Oscar999
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of Oscar999
I'm so excited to see this new lecture, that I went back and re-watched the Penguin lecture just to get me in the proper mindset.

Looking forward...

Oscar
pacozaa
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of pacozaa
Hey Marc, Should I buy your penguin lecture first?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Marc Paul's A.C.T.S of Mentalism (32 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL