The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Marc Paul's A.C.T.S of Mentalism (49 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
This is a stupid question, let me just say that in advance (and forgive me). But could a magician that sometimes uses mental effects and some mentalism find some commercial workers in here, even for casual and or strolling situations? Obviously Marc, you're a professional and the value is definitely here, just wanted to double check. Obviously I can appreciate the sheer amount of value, the experience and incredible work, but I also wouldn't mind during 2-3 things into my sets or use around the dinner table at get togethers.

Just didn't know if this was for more serious mentalists than not. Hope I don't sound ridiculous for asking.
marcpaul
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of marcpaul
Hi Nathan,
The only stupid question is the one that is never asked...so thanks for asking yours!
My Penguin Live lecture featured a lot of stand-up material and the advice I gave on there was mainly from that perspective. I know a lot of performers out there ONLY perform in a close-up environment so when I put this new course together for Alakazam I consciously decided to have more close-up material in it. I would say that about 60% to 70% of this new course can be done in a close-up setting. All of the AAA (Anytime, Anyplace, Amazing) Effects would work perfectly for you. The section on billets switches could also be very useful. I do a very detailed breakdown and analysis of Annemann's Telepathy Plus, this could certainly be performed close-up in fact the MOB variation (which I discus) is perfect as it just uses a jacket pocket and three folded cards.
As a bonus I also included three routines from my close-up MAGIC table hopping act. I perform and explain my opener (a card routine) and two closers. The first is a very visual handling of The Mental Photography Deck and my table hopping version of the Linking Finger Rings that does not use a Himber Ring. Also when Dave and I are talking about close-up openers I describe a presentation for a very quick and impressive mentalism opener that I've used a lot on strolling environments.
I hope that helps
All the best
Marc
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
The modernized billet techniques Marc teaches are incredible. They are so visually deceptive! The billet work and his work on 4DT are two of my favorites from this course, but there is so much more. Almost 9 hours of outstanding teaching. One of the best purchases I've ever made.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Solid info on trade show work too, being able to include a message from the company who has hired you. This has become a valuable resource all round.
otreboR
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
398 Posts

Profile of otreboR
They say "The best things in life are free".

This 2 day course is the only exception on this.
My money is well spent. A lot of useful information and clever thinking.

Thanks Marc Paul!!
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Yes I was thinking twice about the purchase price.

Let's put that down to an major piece of erroneous thinking as these two days were worth their weight in gold.

Appart from the "move" in Bob Cassidy's Name and Place, I have kept away from Billet work as I could never find a step by step clear teaching on it.

Here, Marc Paul's teaching on that alone, is worth the price of the entire two days.

Get it while you can. It's a no brainer.

Errr ummm I mean this was total rubbish don't buy it ever and leave it for the few! Smile
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
On a personal note: What I nice guy Marc Paul is.

I have always rated him as a performer of great standing but there is none of that big name stuff in his lectures here.

Extremely down to earth with good solid teaching from someone who has actually done it all.

He even shares some of the same hang ups we all have and encounter when starting in the business side of things.

Top Bloke as we say in England.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Very very good lecture. Almost finished with day one. Really enjoyed the billet tecniques taught.
Lakewood, Ohio
corindaman
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of corindaman
He comes across as a real down to earth bloke and if you are reading this Marc, was it you that as a young lad had a lot to do with Stan Reynolds?
Julian Kestrel
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Julian Kestrel
Was on tour and missed this. Is it still possible to buy it for download?
marcpaul
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of marcpaul
Hi Julian,
The Course was originally planned to be a LIVE on-line Alakazam Academy. This meant that it would only be available to those who subscribed to the course in advance. Currently the course is unavailable. BUT there has been so much interest in it from people who missed the original broadcast that Peter Nardi (the boss at Alakazam) is considering releasing it as a downloadable video. If all goes to plan it looks likes the course will be available for download in about 3 to 4 weeks. I hope that helps
All the best
Marc
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Marc Paul - You're a brilliant mentalist and an amazing teacher. Between this lecture and the Penguin lecture, I've learned so much, not just in effects, but in presentation, professionalism and entertainment. Thanks so much for sharing what has obviously taken you years and years to learn.
corindaman
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2018, marcpaul wrote:
Hi Julian,
The Course was originally planned to be a LIVE on-line Alakazam Academy. This meant that it would only be available to those who subscribed to the course in advance. Currently the course is unavailable. BUT there has been so much interest in it from people who missed the original broadcast that Peter Nardi (the boss at Alakazam) is considering releasing it as a downloadable video. If all goes to plan it looks likes the course will be available for download in about 3 to 4 weeks. I hope that helps
All the best
Marc

I do hope that the price for this belated course takes into account that the original viewers paid on the understanding that there was a limited audience, who paid for the exclusivity of the lecture.
Mark Timon
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
Quote:
Hi Julian,
All the best
Marc

I expect that Alakazam give some money back to the people who bought the lecture in good faith and believing that it was only available for a limited time.

Regards
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2018, Mark Timon wrote:
Quote:
Hi Julian,
All the best
Marc

I expect that Alakazam give some money back to the people who bought the lecture in good faith and believing that it was only available for a limited time.

Regards

Marc's lecture was phenomenal to say the least. Top notch! I feel everyone should see this, but at the same time selfishly would like to keep it to myself!

With that said, I also disagree with the practice to market something as "limited" only to release it later or open the door to more purchases. I purchased early to not miss out, now they may release it to everyone?! Not a good business practice IMO.
corindaman
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of corindaman
It is good Buisness practice if you want to earn more money, Mr Nardi where is your integrity?
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Here are my thoughts!

See You Soon,
-Jacob
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of BCE
Quote:
Hi Julian,
All the best
Marc

Respectfully, I'm against this idea - so what if there's "so much interest"? There's "so much interest" in a lot of things. Some people got to participate, some didn't. That's life. Can we please stop this dumbing-down of society that, by definition, makes this course LESS special and LESS exclusive?

Speaking of which, I won't use the envelope idea expressed in the first night's lecture because that's such a cliche at this point. However, I'm not adverse to changing the first letter of that three-letter word/abbreviation to "s" and going that route - way more possibilities.

But, please - please keep it under lock and key.
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of BCE
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2018, tmoca wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2018, Mark Timon wrote:
Quote:
Hi Julian,
All the best
Marc

Regards

Marc's lecture was phenomenal to say the least. Top notch! I feel everyone should see this, but at the same time selfishly would like to keep it to myself!

With that said, I also disagree with the practice to market something as "limited" only to release it later or open the door to more purchases. I purchased early to not miss out, now they may release it to everyone?! Not a good business practice IMO.

Could not agree more. What's the next exception going to be?, and how is this not a proverbial slippery slope when the Alakazam Academy courses are sold as exclusives? Unless someone's got a show in the Siberian wilderness where there's no wi-fi or internet - and has no friends or family member who can get it for them if they themselves can't - I really don't understand why they can't purchase it in the "last chance" period of 2 or 3 days afterwards.
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2018, BCE wrote:
However, I'm not adverse to changing the first letter of that three-letter word/abbreviation to "s" and going that route - way more possibilities.

Great thinking!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Marc Paul's A.C.T.S of Mentalism (49 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL