The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » E-Sorcery DIY Electronic whiteboard (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

esorcery
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of esorcery
Hey everyone

Just dropping by to let you know about my new release from penguin its been in the works and testing for a few years now so finally I'm happy to be able to say its out . If you have any questions feel free to ask them here or pm me. here are the details

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9671

e-Sorcery

A super easy way to make a DIY electronic peek whiteboard using items you source from local stores and also online you can make an electronic peek whiteboard that transmits an image direct to your apple or android device for less than quarter of the price of the other devices on the market

"WOW! Ian... man this is a great idea!...Watching your video this evening blew my mind so much that I instantly ordered all of the necessary items to make one of your boards" - Blake Vogt

" I saw this at the convention and have to say it's quite stunning!" - Jamie Badman

" I love it" - Shaun dunn

In order to make the product you would need to purchase certain items totalling around $250 depending on where you purchase them

No electronic skills are needed and within just a few minutes you will have a electronic impression device capable of transmitting over 50m to your own smartphone device

Compatible devices are:

iPhone:
Requires iOS 9 or higher
Following devices or newer:
iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus

iPad:
Requires iOS 9 or higher
Following devices or newer:
iPad (3rd gen.), iPad Mini, iPad Pro

Android:
Requires 5.0 or higher
Samsung J3
Samsung Galaxy Notes 2
Samsung Galaxy Notes 3
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge
Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 Edge
Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017)
Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016)
LG Nexus 5
LG Nexus 5X
Sony Xperia E5
Huawei p9
Huawei Y6 (2017)
Huawei Mate 8
Moto G
ASUS ZenFone 3 Max
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
Selling DIY electronic magic props is a very bad idea.
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2018, academy wrote:
Selling DIY electronic magic props is a very bad idea.

He isn’t selling props it’s a download teaching you how to make your own device.

I’m very interested I like the look of the props they look inexpensive.

K
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
I saw this on Penguin. Saw the two reviews. Decided to wait to here more.
Does it have to use a whiteboard or can you make it into a notepad or other writing source?
Limitations on the pens?
MinSting
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
192 Posts

Profile of MinSting
If the solution is "cheap", I fear to see just an android pad covered with a whiteboard frame,
considering the weight it ends up to be, something might smells fishy there for the spectator,

looks early something to play with rather than something pro, but I don't know,
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2018, MagicallyMe wrote:
I saw this on Penguin. Saw the two reviews. Decided to wait to here more.
Does it have to use a whiteboard or can you make it into a notepad or other writing source?
Limitations on the pens?

I took the bullet and bought it you could place it in a pad. I would of liked a link to the whight board he uses. I messaged him he gave me a link so that was nice.

I think the nicest thing about this is the pen it’s just a dry wipe pen nothing suspicious about it at all.

You could easily put this in a nice holder I Like the fact it just a board and a pen It looks low tech obviously if image is a big thing to you then it may be not for you.

I’m going to build it and have a play with it.

I was happy with the but could of done with some close ups of everything and I would of liked to see it made from scratch but at 30 dollars I understand why.

I will give a full review once I have made it hofuly I will have a working version on Thursday

Kind regards

Kieron
esorcery
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of esorcery
Hi guys thanks for the questions

I'll address each now.

firstly I'm not 100% sure what the guy who gave a bad reveiw expected. it is a pro product and I have been using it for more than 2 years solidly as it is just a dollar store whiteboard and therefore not suspect. the reason I don't give a link to the whiteboard on the video is because its literally any a4 whiteboard you can use except for a few no no's that I go over in the vid and its really not rocket science you just need to go to a store that sells stationary and choose one that works based on the spec I explain.

or just google a4 whiteboard and you will see loads but obviously I cant put a link for everybodys country . but they are more expensive than if you went to a dollar store so therefore that seems an optimum place to get what you need

when I sent it to blake vogt he literally bought the items that night and two days later he had the board after he visited the dollar store.

In terms of Pens there are many that will work and you can make up at least three with the gimmicks you would buy. I give two very popular pens that work but my personal ones were picked up at the dollar store when I bought the whiteboard

Its not just a android tablet Smile

what I give in this download is exactly what it says on the tin. the information to buy the items needed and make your own electronic board plus how to optimise the board to make thinner and lighter along with increasing the range to over 50m . also some routine ideas if needed, sure if you researched online you may be able to find those details yourself and play around and test things out but that's the whole point of the DL. I give the information needed and the sources to the product which in my opion is worth the money.

There is no dedicated app this is true but it really isn't needed as the app works perfectly for what is needed. and after many back and forths it was decided that as there would be constant updates etc it is not needed and would simply increase the cost dramatically

I have used the device on my iphone 6 successfully for a while and tested it on samsung s5, however when asking about any problems on the devices for sure from manufactures I received this reply

"No, if you buy a smartphone that is in the list of compatible devices, there is no problem.
The stability of the bluetooth has been corrected!"

So as far as I'm aware it works on all the devices mentioned. however if there are some glitches the manufacturer is constantly updating and I'm sure it will be fixed soon

It could be put in a pad if wanted and it was an idea that was being toyed with but the difficult bit is making it look normal hence for me just the whiteboard option was perfect and the one that penguin asked me to send us a demo when they orgionally saw the idea.

I hope that clears up a few things
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Thank,you for the reply Smile
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
I am one of the reviewers that was on penguin. The positive one... lol! I have gotten all the parts and pieces together, though I had to get my boards from Walmart, because the dollar store around here didn’t have the correct type of boards. But they were only $1.49 so the cost was still in line..... here are a few recommendations though... spend 6 bucks on the boards. It will save you a trip! And I used a piece of whiteboard I got at Walgreens covered in the laminating sheet. And I have an iPhone 7 and used my board from outside my house with my phone upstairs in my office..... it worked perfectly. Haven’t test run it out in the real world yet so can’t say about reliability, but I have contingency’s for that.

Just my two cents.

Judah
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Unfortunately for me, the company that sells the special something for this to work does not currently ship to Canada and they don't know when they will.
esorcery
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of esorcery
Thank you so much for the review of the product Judah. I am glad its working well for you.

Patrick you should contact penguin and explain the situation. I am sure they will either refund you or work out a way to ship it to you. as it appears that the company for the special something had logistical issues apparently. I obviously didn't know this when putting the product out as on their website it does ship to Canada until you go to try and purchase it that is. so very sorry for that hiccup. and if you get no joy with penguin pm me and we can try and sort something out for sure

I have also created a facebook group for those that bought the e-sorcery boards (see penguin description for group or search e-sorcery.)

Its not really for discussion as such unless you wish more of an added information and ideas place. In that group I have posted links to get the perfect whiteboards. ( after the comment on penguin re the whiteboards I bought a whole stack of them and had them shipped to usa and had a family member sit and strip them all down to make sure they were ok ) and also you will find a video on making your whiteboard into a blackboard and also a way to make the board without manipulating it. although this does decrease the range and add weight also.

and whenever I have a new update of info or an idea it will be put in this group
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Quick question, would this work with a black board?
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Ian demonstrates a way to set this up so it appears like a chalk board (using chalk).

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Those interested in making such a board the DIY way, might like to read my posts on THIS thread. Smile

After reading my posts, you may please shoot your queries on this thread and I will try and answer them.

I have made my own boards using the IS*N Sl*te as well as the WAC*M Bamb*o Sl*te with the help of Ian Hamilton's e-Sorcery DIY instructional video and both the Slates are serving me well for over a year.j

It might be necessary for me to divulge some info downstairs. So please bear with me.

Humble request: Please no PMs/eMails. Thank you for your understanding.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2018, DrewBstoss wrote:
Ian demonstrates a way to set this up so it appears like a chalk board (using chalk).

Best,

Drew

Great. Thank you!
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2018, Ustaad wrote:
Those interested in making such a board the DIY way, might like to read my posts on THIS thread. Smile

After reading my posts, you may please shoot your queries on this thread and I will try and answer them.

I have made my own boards using the ISKN Slate as well as the WACOM Bamboo Slate with the help of Ian Hamilton's e-Sorcery DIY instructional video and both the Slates are serving me well for over a year.

It might be necessary for me to divulge some info downstairs. So please bear with me.

Humble request: Please no PMs/eMails. Thank you for your understanding.

Smile

Great Professor Smile
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Saw this advertised on Facebook today:

Https://www.smartwhiteboardmarker.com/?u......GGcoip1s
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2018, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Saw this advertised on Facebook today:

Https://www.smartwhiteboardmarker.com/?u......GGcoip1s

It looks like scam website!. No info about the company or the product ,and it wants to know my profile info in the Facebook.
My artificial intelligence designs:
https://instagram.com/9picks
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Yep, I think it's scam!
RealityTwisterSFX
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of RealityTwisterSFX
Just found this download and it still works in 2023! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » E-Sorcery DIY Electronic whiteboard (6 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL