The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Turner The Midas Touch (54 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

This was just released, and I have known about this for awhile now, but Peter showed me another variation on this a long time ago.

This is Peter's take on PK touches.

Full review will be posted tonight.

This is limited to 100 copies, and when they are gone, they are gone.

Suggest you contact Peter Turner if you want one, believe it is 75 GBP plus shipping.

Paypal: Peterturnermentalism@hotmail.co.uk

Please contact Peter about availability since I believe these will sell out fast.

This is a reputation maker, and you do not need any props to perform.

More later........

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Loved and am still loving DID2 !

DEFINITELY GOING TO GET THIS!

Is this a DVD or book or what?

Sleepy
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2018, BMWGuy wrote:
Hey guys,

This was just released, and I have known about this for awhile now, but Peter showed me another variation on this a long time ago.

This is Peter's take on PK touches.

Full review will be posted tonight.

This is limited to 100 copies, and when they are gone, they are gone.

Suggest you contact Peter Turner if you want one, believe it is 75 GBP plus shipping.

Paypal: Peterturnermentalism@hotmail.co.uk

Please contact Peter about availability since I believe these will sell out fast.

This is a reputation maker, and you do not need any props to perform.

More later........

Alex Alejandro

I'm confused about the intentions of this post.
Are you plugging a product on behalf of Peter? You seem to have all the details but then say you BELIEVE it is £75.
Alternatively, maybe you're being thoughtful enough as to bring to the attention of people a new product that you think they may be interested in and inadvertently hyping without giving any real details.
Really not trying to be hostile here, just a little fed up/wary of people plugging products for friends using superlatives such as "reputation maker".
Look forward to seeing the full review as I love PK touch routines. Please be sure to add in the review your relationship to the creator and whether you paid the full amount for the product.
Sorry, this post really does seem quite hostile and that's not the intention. No offense meant to Alex who I don't know and I'm sure is an utter ray of sunshine. I'm just a little lacking in trust due to the way certain products, particularly mentalism ones, get plugged on here.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
This is a booklet

will post a review ASAP
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Magidoc
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Magidoc
Alex didn't give many details because I'm sure he doesn't HAVE any details on this project. In Peter's latest post on fb, Peter said there's no demo, pre order or testimonials because he's that confident in it. If you are to lack trust in any reviewer, Alex is the last one to not trust because he gives the most honest and detailed reviews on this forum. I base a lot of my purchases on his reviews and I don't even know him.

But I do agree that sometimes effects can be over hyped and it's annoying. As it's Pete's project, though, I'm sure it will be worth while. If I was more interested in PK touches then I would be all over this solely based on his past releases.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Having seen this many moons ago, I can attest to its brilliance.

In all honest, there’s no real reason for hype or even a post on the Café because there’s only 100 and they will be gone soon.

That said, this is the best PK Touches by far. It’s totally impromptu, and it is the most convincing take I’ve ever seen. You get some truly beautiful moments that the original can’t give you. This shows how great of a linguist Peter is.

Madison
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Madison, what qualifies this as the “best” compared to previous methods? I love pk and Peter’s stuff is reliable...75 seems like a lot. Is it a set of routines or just a method?
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2018, MagicBrent wrote:
Madison, what qualifies this as the “best” compared to previous methods? I love pk and Peter’s stuff is reliable...75 seems like a lot. Is it a set of routines or just a method?

The routine is worth the money. You are buying the routine NOT the method. The method is simple. It’s the choreography and the language which ultimately work to create a version of PK Touches that seems totally impossible and un-backtrackable from the audience’s perspective.

Essentially (from the audience’s perspective) Peter’s routine gives you real time touches. I would go so far to say that a performer could do a routine using expensive gimmicks to achieve real time taps and then Peter could walk out and perform his routine and Peter’s routine would seem even CLEANER than the routine with the expensive gimmicks. AND Peter’s routine would almost certainly be more entertaining with touches happening all over.

Purely my opinion, but I stand by it. The differences Peter is adding are subtle. But this subtleties make a massive difference.

Madison
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
So how do you purchase it?
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
I agree with Madison, and was going to post my review so here it is.

In response first of all to Ed Wood.

I have Peter's Book of Demons, which costs quite a lot of money, and the first iteration of The Midas Touch is on there, and once you purchase Book of Demons, you basically get to get inside Peter's brain anytime.

I personally know Peter as I flew him down here to a convention last year, and I can attest to the strength of The Midas Touch.

Madison summed it up pretty good, so basically it is a PK touches routine done in real time, no props, just you and some participants.

You could use loops if you wanted, but it is not necessary.

This work is about 24 pages long, and embodies everything from timing, linguistics, misdirection, structure, movement, scripting, and much more.

You can do it in any language, no restrictions.

I agree that this pushes the envelope further in the PK touches plot, since the touches are felt in real time, and there is sheer beauty in the routine that is presented, because at the end, everything cleans up very nicely and it will make you smile once you read the method and the cleanup, it is that good.

In the Introduction Peter gives you two times he used this to book a TV gig, as well as fool some fellow mentalists with.

Peter says this is the routine he most performs more than anything in his arsenal, and that says a lot.

I need to study it further and read it a couple of more times, but I do think Peter is correct in saying this is a reputation maker.

Will make you stand out, and you don't need anything but yourself, your mind and some participants and you are set.

Glad this is a limited release, as only 100 people will know about it.

I suspect that once they sell out, once someone sells it on here it will go for much higher than the asking price of 75 GBP.

Just like some of his books and other things he has released in the past.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
I already put my order in but thought I’d ask just to confirm - this is different from the PK Touches routine that Peter shared in his second Penguin lecture right?

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hi Drew,

Yes it is different.

Alex
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Thanks for the clarification Alex!

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I’ve not seen the book but I hang out with Pete a lot, although not as much as I’d like due to both our schedules. I have seen Pete us this a lot, and this is one of his go to effect. I once got booked to perform at a festival after performing this on a couple at a taxi rank at about 2 in the morning while we were out clubbing. I love this routine.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
haresign
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of haresign
This is Pete at his best. I've always hoped this would never see the light of day as a commercial release as this has established itself as the only PK touch routine I've ever wanted to use in my shows... and I will predict that 100 lucky people will do too.
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
I hope there's piracy protection in the booklets, similar to DID2.
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
I have read this. I am biased. I work with Pete. This is one of the well known routines that have previously been unreleased and has become much talked about by those who have seen him do it. It's excellent and whether you trust my judgement or not it deserves its reputation!
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
We just put a FREE interview with Pete on Magic Stream : https://magicstream.com/programs/peter-t......lay=true

Enjoy,

- G
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Everything Peter Turner performs is a reputation maker...for him!!

He is a reputation.
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Great post John C.

People want to buy his genius and hope to shine as brightly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Turner The Midas Touch (54 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL