The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hinge Thunder
View Profile
New user
New York City
17 Posts

Profile of Hinge Thunder
Hello everyone. I have been fascinated with magic ever since I was 8 years old when my family brought me to the magic counter in the toy department of a department store. Since then I have been an avid collector of effects, DVDs, books decks of cards, props, everything. I have never performed magic professionally. I perform for friends and family. I don't know if that makes me a collector or just an enthusiast but I do love magic and illusion. I am very lucky to live in New York City as I am able to go to Tannen's whenever I get the chance. I also very much enjoy my trips to Las Vegas as I always make sure to see at least one magic show. I was fortunate to have been able to see Siegfried & Roy and Lance Burton perform multiple times before they retired. I also loved the performances of David Copperfield, Penn & Teller and Rick Thomas that I was able to attend. I only just recently stumbled upon this forum. I am happy that I did as it looks like a very interesting place. Thank you. Hinge Thunder
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3508 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Hinge Thunder,

Lots of the members here have never performed professionally, so don't worry about that.

We all share a love of Magic.

You really are blessed to have seen so many of the big Las Vegas Shows.

Have fun.

-Mary Mowder
Hinge Thunder
View Profile
New user
New York City
17 Posts

Profile of Hinge Thunder
Thank you Mary, that is very kind of you.
mroek
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of mroek
Welcome from another just-for-friends-and-family-performer. Smile
Hinge Thunder
View Profile
New user
New York City
17 Posts

Profile of Hinge Thunder
Thank you very much mroek!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
4770 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Happy to have you here Hinge Thunder!

NYC is a great magic town for sure. Have you had the chance to see Steve Cohen's Chamber Magic Show yet? Or The Magician at the NoMad, with Dan White?
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Hinge Thunder
View Profile
New user
New York City
17 Posts

Profile of Hinge Thunder
Thank You Wizard Of Oz! I appreciate it! I haven't had a chance to see those shows yet, I'll try to check them out. I'm also thinking of going to see Magic After Hours With Noah Levine at Tannen's. I'm very happy to be getting back into Magic. Thanks again.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
4770 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
These shows are all supposed to be incredible:

https://gotham-magazine.com/magic-shows-for-adults-in-nyc

I have seen Dan White at the NoMad Upstairs, and it is wonderfully dark and magical. His levitation is one of the best I have seen. I also saw Derek DelGaudio when he was out in L.A. That is mind blowing. He has literally reinvented what a magic show is, and can be.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Hinge Thunder
View Profile
New user
New York City
17 Posts

Profile of Hinge Thunder
Thanks again Wizard Of OZ. Now I really want to check out Dan White's show. Steve Cohen as well. So much to see here in NYC. Derek DelGaudio's act is intriguing.
EasyK
View Profile
New user
The secret is in one of my
63 Posts

Profile of EasyK
Welcome to the Café Smile
paulalpha
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, MN
53 Posts

Profile of paulalpha
Welcome to the Café. Learn some pocket tricks with hardware like Holy Moley from Jay Sankey, and then strat performing them for clerks at the Big box building supply stores. You'll get the performance bug when you see their reactions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL