The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Marc Spellman on Britain's Got Talent (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1192 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Https://youtu.be/Q3jege0p0dQ

My favourite comment from one of the judges "I don't care how you did it"

Sleepy
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
8597 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
On one hand a great demonstration of the power of scripting and a solid story. On the other hand, another "mentalist" with a great chance to position mentalism to the public and the first words of the routine are "Are you a magician? I am indeed." Such a shame.

As I have long-said most so-called mentalists here are simply magicians - I guess now they are just finally starting to admit it.

Well done.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1192 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
I get where you are coming from..but imo the public consider mentalists and magicians to be more or less the same thing.

Eg. If you asked people in the UK what Derren Brown is... majority of them will say magician even though his shows are the most psychological mentalisty thing I've seen any mentalist do.
I know people call him a magician because ive asked people .

Sleepy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18759 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The only way that changes is to actively do so.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Maddies Ghost
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Maddies Ghost
Dire examples of forcing-exception of rubik's cube- and using his families tradegy to gain sympathy to progress in the show. Is this th ebest UK magicians can offer?
Maddies Ghost
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Maddies Ghost
Further to add with these pre recorded reveals ,what is the supposed method of how magician obtains the info?It isn't mind reading as info is predetermined.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
16299 Posts

Profile of IAIN
You've got to understand the UK mindset, culture and terminology to get why the term 'mentalist' is not used with these kinds of things...
NEW RELEASE - VALID-DICTION BOOKLET
www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5473 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2018, IAIN wrote:
You've got to understand the UK mindset, culture and terminology to get why the term 'mentalist' is not used with these kinds of things...

Shhhh... Let the culturally ignorant pontificate. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18759 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Isn't it an individual thing? I mean I have never heard anyone after Banachek does a show call him a magician. Same with Ross Johnson.

Others do. I would imagine it is a local phenomenon according to their booking needs.

Personally if I would make more money doing mentalism and being called a magician I would be perfectly happy with that occurrence.

Be in control of the perception is the key.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Marc Spellman on Britain's Got Talent (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL