The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mind Spy Pad and Real Time Clipboard (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mark Roberts
View Profile
Special user
Nottingham, UK
597 Posts

Profile of Mark Roberts
Another couple of reviews required please if anyone has these.

The Mind Spy Pad ( is this the same as Shrink's new product?)

Real Time Clipboard

They are both sold by Alakazam in the UK
czero
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
282 Posts

Profile of czero
I too was wondering about the Mind Spy Pad compared to the product Shrink's coming out with. In the ad copy for the former, though, no mention is made of the purchaser receiving instructions for making their own--in fact, we are told supplies "are limited." That doesn't necessarily indicate that they're the same, I guess, but it makes me think they're probably not.

--Mike

P.S. One clipboard I can wholeheartedly recommend is the Brown Hornet--or at least the "Baby Hornet," which is the version I have. Totally innocent-looking, great impressions. I've never been busted with it yet.
mike stevenson
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of mike stevenson
Detailed views on the Mind Spy Pad can be found in the Inner Thoughts forum under the heading "New Mind Spy Pad".
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
I know how the mindspy works and I can tell you this...it is nothing like my pad offered....nothing at all. Give you an idea . My 15 year old nephew grabbed my Kopy kat from me and found out the secret first time I showed him within a min. Ive used this pad on him four times now and he has no clue. He hasn't even examined the pad. Hes never grabbed it from me because he has had it most of the time. No one ever examines this pad because it looks impossible for there to be an impression there. My nephew would sus the mindspy pad quicker than KK.

I have also just finished the manuscript and I cantell you there are some ideas in there that I doubt you will find anywhere else...
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Shrink and I have exchanged some PMs and, to the best of my knowledge, his pad is totally different from any other product on the market at the present time.

Also, what Shrink sells is not a gimmicked pad in a strict sense because, as he said in other posts, is more a "principle" that you can apply to other pads as well.

And, if I got it right, for the price, you also get some of Shrink's pet routines for his pads.

Thus this product could really be a winner!

Paolo Cavalli
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
richpoyle
View Profile
Regular user
UK
116 Posts

Profile of richpoyle
I've been looking for an inexpensive, real time pad for some time and thought the Mind Spy fitted the bill.

Unfortunately, it doesn't.

Without saying too much, I have to echo Shrink's comment that the Mind Spy method could be sussed very easily. Despite the blurb, I wouldn't want it to be examined. Also the method requires the notepad to be used by the spec in what to me, is a very unnatural way.

On top of that, the i********* isn't very clear, even with a stubby pen - so if a drawing was involved I'd more often that not be using Banachek's method.
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
I would also like to add that I originally developed this for pre-show. I discovered the realtime properties by chance. I also discovered one feature that I have never seen anywhere before. A way to make the impression completely invisible but its still there....While the hornet and other clip boards may be more reliable in some situations I think this product can give you safe realtime operation in situations where no other methods can. I am discovering more and refining the methodology as I write the manuscript. It has developed further since I started and has surpassed my initial expectations.

I have also written an introduction to using pre-suppositions for pre-show work. This also contains some work on non verbal comunication, sliding anchors, pacing and leading. I've never seen this anywhere ever before. I use this for a simple name revelation that kills everytime I use it.
Mark Roberts
View Profile
Special user
Nottingham, UK
597 Posts

Profile of Mark Roberts
Quote:
On 2004-04-25 12:23, shrink wrote:

I have also just finished the manuscript and I cantell you there are some ideas in there that I doubt you will find anywhere else...

Thanks for that Shrink. I've also had some PM's that sort of agree with what you say about the Mindspy.

So, just two questions now. First, when will your pad be ready?

Second, anyone got any reviews on the clipboard?

Quote:
On 2004-04-25 19:09, shrink wrote:
I have also written an introduction to using pre-suppositions for pre-show work. This also contains some work on non verbal comunication, sliding anchors, pacing and leading. I've never seen this anywhere ever before. I use this for a simple name revelation that kills everytime I use it.

This sounds better by the minute and I can't wait to get my grubby paws on one. I think the price will be worth it for the manuscript ideas alone. Sliding anchors...now we're talking the heavy stuff Smile
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Waiting for the pads as we speak...Then set up paypal and we should be ready to move. I will e-mail everyone who has registered interest. First(and only?) run will be around 60.
noncom
View Profile
Regular user
Birmingham, UK
125 Posts

Profile of noncom
Hi Shrink

I sent you a long reply by PM stating my interest, but I got an error message saying that your PM Inbox was full.

In brief: I'd be very interested in hearing when these pads are available, but it's only fair to say that I'm merely an amateur mentalist, so if you desire to keep your secrets and routines in the realms of the working pro, then please let me know and there'll be no hard feelings.

Cheers
Andy
It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it - Bananarama.
brownbomber
View Profile
Regular user
Edinburgh
156 Posts

Profile of brownbomber
Hi Shrink, could you email me info on the new pads when they're ready too (your inbox is full...), thanks in advance, kind regards, BB.
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
If you go to http://www.advancedmind.co.uk/invisible1.htm you can register there by sending me an e-mail from that link or just e-mail me at psi2000a@aol.com Put invisible in the title..

Thanks
roman59
View Profile
New user
Ipswich, United Kingdom
53 Posts

Profile of roman59
I took delivery of one of these last week.
My first impressions (excuse the pun) of this were I have been using an ungimmicked one of these for the last year or so, its available from a well known high street stationer in the uk, yes the original store stickers have been left on the cover of the pad to stress that this is just an everday item.

At first I could not find the gimmick, its really well hidden & the way the pad is handed to the spectator to use is not unnatural at all.
Surely its down to the way the performer handles the spectator & draws attention away from the pad.

This is an inexpensive item which will get the job done if used in the right situation in either pre-show or performance.

Yes I am sure there are other methods out there that do the same job but its all down to personal choice & preference.

Cheers
Mark
MIC
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of MIC
Roman59 I got a bit confused... are you talking about the mindspy pad ? or shrink's product?

if for the latter... then what do you people think of the mindspy pad? havent understood yet! is it good or not? does it do the work? does it look impromptu? is it easy to peek?

It will be easiest for me to buy this than shrink's pad until that comes out in houndreds...

thanks
M I C

I am sorry ... another question. Is it easy to duplicate either of the pads? or do you have to buy a new one when the one you have is over?

thanks again
M I C
roman59
View Profile
New user
Ipswich, United Kingdom
53 Posts

Profile of roman59
Hi M I C

I was talking about the mindspy pad.

Yes it does look impromptu, the peek is very naturally done & yes you could make another but at the price it is selling for it is hardly worth it.

The Mindspy pad is good for around 60 performances/shows.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mark
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
The Mind Spy Pad is dire.
Save your money.
See my post in this thread for more information on why I think this is the case.
Hello.
MIC
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of MIC
Thanks Roman59! I ll take these into account!!

Stephen I don't have access to the link you gave... maybe not enough posts yet... I would appreciate it if you could copy/paste some keypoints...

Thanks
M I C
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
You can create invisible assistants easily. One of the powerful features is using multiples pads not just one. Creating decoys and smoke screens for Q&A. Its more than a pad its a concept for collecting info deceptively. They have their strenghts and weaknesses. Like any other device. However they can be handled and the "peek" is probably the most natural you can come across. In fact you can stare if you want to!!!!With the right handling. Angles are no problem.

And no one examines the pads! There seems there is no need to. They will be ready either tommorow or day after. First run 60-70.

cost £22.50 including post packaging worldwide..

http://www.advancedmind.co.uk/invisible1.htm
_____

One of the routines that I use at seminars is a simple name revelation using pre-show. I have included it in the deal. It kills everytime I use it. I also introduce some NLP/hypnotic as part of the process..

Presupositions
Pacing and leading
Timing and direction
nonverbal communication
sliding anchors
yes set conditioning

Although I don't go into them in great depth you will be able to use them in this presentation. (outwith scope of this manuscript)

The main thing is you will have an intro into what I call Power Mentalism.
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
MIC,
Key problems with the product include:
- a weak impression
- a fiddly reset
- angle problems on the peek
- very risky putting it into the hands of a participant. He/she is likely to find the 'gimmick'.
Hello.
mrfluffy
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of mrfluffy
Quote:
On 2004-04-28 10:22, Stephen Long wrote:
MIC,
Key problems with the product include:
- a weak impression
- angle problems on the peek

understatement - waiting for Shrinks with high hopes now Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mind Spy Pad and Real Time Clipboard (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL