The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Murphy's Wharehouse (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
I honestly don't know if this is true, so 1,000 pardons if this is just an ugly rumor.

About 6-7 weeks ago someone told me that the images of the gigantic wharehouse in the Murphy's Magic ads actually belong to some other industry.

Put another way, Murphy's supposedly doesn't have a wharehouse anywhere near as big as the one shown in their magic magazine ads.

Can anyone confirm this one way or the other?

Thanks,

Gerry
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Riding the Cancer Recovery Coaster into
4059 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
True or not... Does it matter? It is a wholesale company so they would not be trying to falsely dupe you into coming to their ”well stocked” store only to find they have 2 small glass display cases of magic products. Also, if you follow them on Instagram, you will see plenty of photos of them making up gaffes decks by the hundreds at a time and workers pushing large carts thru the isles filling orders for shops.
Cancer Sux

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3528 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I don't know the ads you are talking about but I have been to a very large building filled with Magic on shelves, stacked high. The office area is small but the warehouse is BIG.

-Mary
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

The store in the ads is mammoth, just as big as a Lowe's Home Improvement store.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2206 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
First, one of the pictures I saw looks like it was taken with a wide-angle/fish eye lens. These tend to distort/exaggerate the picture a bit. so that might be part of it.
Second, Google Maps 3D view shows a very large warehouse at the given address: https://tinyurl.com/y92gfrp5

s
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

I have the feeling my friend from CA is completely wrong about this.

I'm sorry I even brought this up now.

Gerry
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
All I know is everything I've ordered has arrived...so one thing for sure its big enough for me!

Good magic to all,

Eric
MJE
View Profile
Veteran user
After all these years,I STILL have only
306 Posts

Profile of MJE
I can't imagine that they need a space that big, but they may share the space with other small warehousers. They seem to be the most reliable source for new and popular magic that has ever existed, so I'm not too concerned about their square footage. I was a small-time dealer for a while many years ago and it was very frustrating dealing with suppliers. I've never heard anything truly bad about working with Murphy's from either the dealer side or the "trick maker's" side. They seem to have things figured out.
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of paw
Hey Gerry -

Patrick from Murphy's here. I can assure you the warehouse is a big as it looks. As a matter of fact you can't see the entire
warehouse from the image most used in our advertisements.

There is actually another warehouse in the back of the one seen in the pictures. If you're ever in the area, please feel free to contact me
and I'll see about giving you a tour.

Hopes this helps clear things up. Smile

p
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1417 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
I was just there last weak....It's FREAKING HUGE!!!!!
It looks like you stacked two Home Depots on top of each other. I was in awe of the rows and rows of magic. Truly mind boggling.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

Patrick,

I sincerely apologize. I was basing everything off what this one person told me. Apparently he is an idiot.

Wishing you all the success in the world.

Gerry
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of paw
Hey Gerry -

haha.. No apology necessary. Your post was nothing for anyone to be up in arms about.

Again, if you ever find yourself in the Sacramento area be sure to look us up.

Best,
p
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Murphy's Wharehouse (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL