The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Spare Change (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Does anybody do this one? I love it. It's a David Acer product with a penny and dime. The gimmick is very well made and it's easy to do.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On May 2, 2018, fonda57 wrote:
I love it.

Have you done it? I've never done it, but I fooled with it. There was one part that didn't work for me, but I can't remember what it was.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I've oon partdone it many times. At the sun/moon part you silent reactions, like people don't believe what they saw.

don't give up on it.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
What part do you not like?
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On May 3, 2018, fonda57 wrote:
What part do you not like?

I'll get back to you on that. I have to dig it out.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Wow I really super mis spelled that one post. Me good speller
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
As with anything David releases, This is a great effect! I picked this up when it first came out years ago. I need to dig this back out. I had forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder!
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
This is a fun one but it's been many years for me too.
I will also have to dig it out.
Now if I can only find it. Smile
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
I found mine and stepped through the routine. I always liked the routine. There's something nice about a routine that uses a just a dime and penny. I think it was the last part that I had trouble with, but now it doesn't seem so hard. I'll have to work on it and give it a try.

Thanks from me too, fonda57, for reminding me of this routine.

For those who don't know what it is, it was put out by Camirand Academy of Magic, copyright 1995. You say you are going to do the 11 cents trick. You take out a penny from your pocket, but don't have a dime, so you borrow one.

Both coins are placed in the left hand, the hand is turned over and the dime is removed by your right hand and placed in your pocket. The dime returns to your left hand alongside the penny.

Both coins are in your left hand, which is again turned over and the penny is removed and held at the fingertips of the right hand while the dime remains in the left hand. They transpose. The penny at your right-hand fingertips is now the dime, and the coin in the left hand is now the penny.

Both coins are in your left hand. The penny is cleanly removed by the right hand, shown both sides, and when you open your left hand, the dime is now a quarter. The dime is back in your pocket, which you return to the spectator.

I didn't relate the patter, which is carefully thought out and quite good.

It uses a fairly common gimmick, but without the locking mechanism.

Camirand Academy was bought by Vanishing Inc. recently. I looked on their website, and they are not offering this, but they might have a couple hanging around. That's just a guess.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Midwest Magic carries it. They are an awesome shop.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On May 4, 2018, fonda57 wrote:

Looks like the website might have been jacked..
EasyK
View Profile
New user
The secret is in one of my
79 Posts

Profile of EasyK
Quote:
On May 7, 2018, Dollarbill wrote:
Quote:
On May 4, 2018, fonda57 wrote:

Looks like the website might have been jacked..

http://midwestmagic.net/shop/
'My brain is the key that sets me free.'
- Harry Houdini
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
The midwest magic site does seemed jacked, cause when you search it jumps to some weird page. But when you go back and do it again it works fine. Ive been shopping for years at that site

Still, might as well by it from Acer, at the site listed in Karmak's post
VMagical
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of VMagical
These are so small. I keep losing mine unfortunately, or I've spent it by accident. Smile
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
I have used other version and have found that Davids works best for me. I don't like to carry a lot so pocket space is limited but this is the one that I put into my arsenal every time!
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Just as a general FYI for those interested, unfortunately it appears that Spare Change is no longer available via David Acer's website, after all. I placed an order for it, but David informed me that he's out of stock, and won't be getting any more of them in.

Penguin Magic used to carry it, but now also shows it as out of stock/discontinued.

Did a search at Midwest Magic's website for Spare Change, but drew a blank.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Wow, I didn't know that it was no longer available, dang.

VMagical--I lost one once, too. Had it in a stack of pennies
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
A buddy of mine loved this so much he reached out to Camirand and bought a bunch of them just to be sure he always had a copy.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I have one for sale for $15.00 and free shipping
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Spare Change (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL