The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Shipping gimmicks overseas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EasyK
View Profile
New user
The secret is in one of my
79 Posts

Profile of EasyK
Hello!

Just a quick question.

What do you write on the package when shipping gimmicked coins? Since my country has stricked regulations when it comes to shipping coins in the mail, I was wondering what the item would be called?

Some forums that ship collectable coins call them "Numismatic Item", but since the coin is tampered with its not really a coin anymore?

Sincerly,
K
'My brain is the key that sets me free.'
- Harry Houdini
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
822 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
A Magic Effect with props
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have shipped overseas before and insured the gaffs. I listed them on the postal insurance documents as "magician items and props" and had no problems. It would probably be best to ask the post office what to list them as. I am fortunate enough to live in a small town and a couple times my post office researched the "country being sent too's" postal regs for me.

All that being said, I only ship in the US anymore because it is much simpler and I don't sell as much. My son is in the Navy and serves overseas but when we ship anything to him, his wife or our granddaughter, we actually ship to a "California address" and the military forwards it from there. We do still have to fill out all the customs paperwork though.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Shipping gimmicks overseas? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL