The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » ~David Copperfield - cat production~ (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
Good day friends - looking for information about this illusion. Perhaps one of you is more informed - perhaps you know the name of the creator or something else. Thank you! I think this is based on the ideas of Robert Harbin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIwgpVelX-c 41.33
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
top_illusionist
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of top_illusionist
I think its a U.F. Grant creation.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Yes. It appears to be a version of U.F. Grant's Carton Production. It was published in Tarbell Volume 6 on pages 367 to 371. The very next effect is the square circle. Two of the great production methods side-by-side in that one excellent volume. And the demon production box is covered on page 322 too!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
7510 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Yes! I used a slight variation of the cardboard box when I was about 14-15. It was cheap, and it worked!

I also used an "Abbott New Rabbit Vanish" (a square circle). I soon realized that it was much better as a production prop, though.

The Demon Production Box! I bought one from the Karland Frikschkorn estate sale, in 1954. --And, I still use it, occasionally, today, to "pad" my 20th Century Silk Routine. I think mine was made by Sherms. I have since found a "duplicate" of the Frischkorn DWB!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
FrankFindley
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On May 9, 2018, Dick Oslund wrote:
The Demon Production Box! I bought one from the Karland Frikschkorn estate sale, in 1954. --And, I still use it, occasionally, today, to "pad" my 20th Century Silk Routine. I think mine was made by Sherms. I have since found a "duplicate" of the Frischkorn DWB!

isn't amazing how much one can get from that prop?

By the way, just noticed the UF Grant box is in his Victory Carton Illusions book as Victory Rabbit Carton. The first paragraph says it all:

"This is one of the most popular of all the Victory Carton Effects. It has been used by many of the leading magicians in the country. We think it's popularity may be due to the fact that it is so versatile."

I guess the cat is out of the bag (er, box!) on how flexible it is.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » ~David Copperfield - cat production~ (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.35 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL