The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Alexander The Man Who Knows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James Warren
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of James Warren
There are 2 Caveney book publications about Alexander: one has a red cover with a question mark, and the other has a black cover with Alexander and a crystal ball. Can anyone tell me the difference between these two volumes? Thanks.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Black: 2004, original edition, 218 pages.

Red: 2007, revised, expanded edition. 267 pages.
James Warren
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of James Warren
Tim, do you have any knowledge as to what is included in the expanded edition, and whether it would be worth paying extra for? Does it add anything crucial? Is it mostly text or pictures or both? Thanks for your response.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
I've only read the second edition so I can't speak firsthand about the changes, but a major revision so soon after initial publication is seldom done lightly, since it alienates those who bought the first one. Pagecount was boosted by almost 25%, and the introduction to the second edition claims that a lot of substance was added. You can read that intro on this page:

https://www.rnt2.com/alexander-the-man-w......vet.html

If I had neither, I would definitely be seeking out the second edition.
James Warren
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of James Warren
Thanks Tim, much appreciated! (BTW, let me know if you'd like to sell your copy, and how much.)
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Thanks, but I enjoy my magic history library. It's staying on my shelf!
James Warren
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of James Warren
I hear you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Alexander The Man Who Knows (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL