The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Spinning Balancing Half Dollar on Half Dollar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of towledge
I've been having a debate with a friend- on who created an oldie on my shelf from the 70's or 80's. I think it was John Cornelius. A half dollar is mysteriously balanced on top of another and while holding both with only one hand, the top half is seen to spin PK style. I could swear it was a creation of Mr. Cornelius. Does anyone remember this one?

Thanks!
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On May 14, 2018, towledge wrote:
I've been having a debate with a friend- on who created an oldie on my shelf from the 70's or 80's. I think it was John Cornelius. A half dollar is mysteriously balanced on top of another and while holding both with only one hand, the top half is seen to spin PK style. I could swear it was a creation of Mr. Cornelius. Does anyone remember this one?

Thanks!

Yes, John created this.

It was something that came about when he was working on my "Unseen Forces," which he handled the distribution. He was experimenting with some different ways to possibly gimmick the coin, we decided on a regular half, but some of that experimentation lead to the spinning effect.

"Unseen Forces" was levitating a half dollar off the back of a playing card. It was marketed between 1978 through about 1982. I still make them up, when asked, but unless John has some stock left, you can only get "Unseen Forces" from me.

Please note, I am not trying to sell an "Unseen Forces." My eyes are not as good at the age of 65, and I have to use a magnifying unit (like jewelers use), on my head, to make the darn things.

I saw Stephens selling a version of the spinning coin, so he may have some left. I don't know.
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of towledge
Thank you Al!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Spinning Balancing Half Dollar on Half Dollar (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL