We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Revive - Ultra visual, super practical, 360degree Torn & Restored (89 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14
Mr. E. Casey
View Profile
New user
Bay Area, California
48 Posts

Profile of Mr. E. Casey
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2018, danmattson wrote:
This is in the #2 greatest trick I've ever purchased. I also purchased #1 this year, so it's been a good year lol.

What is your #1?
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
801 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
For anyone looking for a much easier source for the”Magic dust”, use business cards instead. I’ve found they produce much much more dust and are much quicker and easier to prepare.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
801 Posts

In fact I’m finding that just one business card will produce enough magic dust for at least TEN gimmicks!!!!! This makes the whole process sooooo much quicker
Magically,

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
danmattson
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of danmattson
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2018, Mr. E. Casey wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2018, danmattson wrote:
This is in the #2 greatest trick I've ever purchased. I also purchased #1 this year, so it's been a good year lol.

What is your #1?

Isolated by Kieron Johnson. It's just flat out genius.

============

Quote:
On Jun 6, 2018, simplymagicweb wrote:
In fact I’m finding that just one business card will produce enough magic dust for at least TEN gimmicks!!!!! This makes the whole process sooooo much quicker

I feel like you're giving away slightly too much here lol
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1225 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Do you use the same preparation method taught in the video?

Quote:
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
~Albert Einstein
Mr. E. Casey
View Profile
New user
Bay Area, California
48 Posts

Profile of Mr. E. Casey
Quote:

Going to try this. Thanks!
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
801 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 6, 2018, Kaliix wrote:
Do you use the same preparation method taught in the video?

Quote:

YES exactly the same buddy
Magically,

Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
1547 Posts

Profile of Ross W
This is truly a wonderful trick. But OMG what a faff!
Author, "Time Travelling With A Hamster" (HarperCollins)
"What Not To Do If You Turn Invisible" (Harper Collins)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Time-Travelling-......+hamster
https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Not-You-Tu......nvisible
Twitter: @rosswelford
Blog: dadfood.wordpress.com
Zauberman
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
Here's the scoop on the poop!

Grab about 10-15 mm thick pile of normal printer paper. Put in a vice leaving about 6-8 mm above and tighten vice. Now take a very coarse file and file away. It won't be long before you have enough Pixie Dust to last a very long time.

As for applying the liquid....grab a container of nail polish...get rid of the nailpolish and fill the container with required liquid. The nail brush is far easier and quicker to do the work.

You can carry this stuff with you and make up one in a flash.

Also note, it does not have to be perfect. No one really scrutinizes the card til the restoration...and by then it's too late for them. The magics done.
:-)
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
INDIA & USA
5162 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2018, Zauberman wrote:

Also note, it does not have to be perfect. No one really scrutinizes the card til the restoration...and by then it's too late for them. The magics done.

You have a good valid point there. However if that be the case, then why bother and take the time and trouble of all the pre-preparations. Simply follow the alternate method (for the lazy Smile) described in the 'Secret Sessions' and be done with. It generates the same wow factor - nothing more, nothing less.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Zauberman
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
Ustaad, I am sure your method posted in S.S. works well for you. I believe each of our methods has advantages over the other...nothing less, nothing more Smile
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
801 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 7, 2018, Zauberman wrote:
As for applying the liquid....grab a container of nail polish...get rid of the nailpolish and fill the container with required liquid. The nail brush is far easier and quicker to do the work.

You can carry this stuff with you and make up one in a flash.

:-)

Great tip, thanks for sharing.

As an aside, I’ve started using another suggestion from Café member, Chessmann, about having the gimmick introduced via a wrist-turn rather than as per the instructions. I wear a jacket during performance so also add the necessary AFTER the spectator has made their selection. I find this is better for strolling work as it helps with reset ease and time, plus it eliminates a certain something, plus no real moves except a wrist turn. Plus I have found the natural moment of after stapling the card and the associated laughter, as the ideal misdirection for this.
Magically,

wizard75d
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of wizard75d
Thanks Zauberman,
I will give this a go. Much appreciated.
RodrigoGrando
View Profile
New user
Ireland
52 Posts

Profile of RodrigoGrando
Quote:
On May 21, 2018, GeraintClarke wrote:
GOOD NEWS

Our warehouse is busy right now creating PRE-MADE revive gimmick substance for you. This should make it MUCH MUCH faster for you to construct gimmicks as you'll be able to buy it in a bag.

It's not necessary for anyone who wants to make the gimmicks themselves from scratch, but it should help those who don't enjoy the crafts cut the time for each gimmick by over half.

Let's all have a minutes silence for the hundreds of decks that are about to lose their lives.

- G

Any news on this?

Thanks!
poolside
View Profile
New user
Tampa, Florida
56 Posts

Profile of poolside
I am getting outstanding reactions to this trick. Well worth the time to make up the gimmicks! I leave one in the deck ready to perform and carry several additional in a separate card box. Make sure your deck has a duplicate for each of the gimmicks you are carrying!
"It's a good feeling to know you're alive" - Fred Rogers
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
6205 Posts

Profile of pegasus
We’re still waiting for the pre made gimmick substance. Lol.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
461 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2018, pegasus wrote:

Oh well....
Smile
cardbiker
View Profile
Special user
943 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2018, rosariorose9 wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2018, pegasus wrote:

Oh well....
Smile

Ditto
no2ss
View Profile
New user
California
5 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Picked up Revive recently. After reading through this thread, and not being entirely sure what the "substance" was, I wondered if I should wait until the "pre-made" stuff was released as well. But now that I have it, it really isn't that difficult to make the stuff.

My other question, though, is if people use a different !@#$*e than the recommended one? It's probably silly, but the r****e is so common that I sometimes wonder if too many people know of it. It's probably me being over-paranoid, but I was just considering alternatives. The effect is so strong and so straightforward that it probably doesn't matter, but if there's a way to improve an effect, might as well explore it.
CoffeeWithMagic
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of CoffeeWithMagic
I own it, but have yet to perform it. Smile
I even ordered a set of extra things so I can prepare multiple and be ready to go, but I got distracted experimenting with different substances, and never went back to the original.

I think as somebody commented here, once you get to the point of the restore, if it looks just even only decent, not necessarily even good, it doesn't matter because of everything leading up to getting there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Revive - Ultra visual, super practical, 360degree Torn & Restored (89 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL