The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Revive - Ultra visual, super practical, 360degree Torn & Restored (96 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..13~14~15 [Next]
Mr. E. Casey
View Profile
New user
Bay Area, California
64 Posts

Profile of Mr. E. Casey
Quote:
On May 16, 2018, btwigg wrote:
Torched and Restored is my go to. For those of you that have both, would you trade up Torch and Restored for this version of TnR?

Same with me. I live with a deck of Torched and Restored gimmicks in my close up case, but now that I bought Revive, I am swapping the two. $20 is too cheap, in my opinion.
steven55
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of steven55
Hi, as a beginner just worried about the sleights needed. I am all thumbs with double lifts and things like that. Should I be worried for this effect?

Thanks
Mr. E. Casey
View Profile
New user
Bay Area, California
64 Posts

Profile of Mr. E. Casey
Quote:
On May 16, 2018, steven55 wrote:
Hi, as a beginner just worried about the sleights needed. I am all thumbs with double lifts and things like that. Should I be worried for this effect?

Thanks

You will be perfectly fine. Smile
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On May 16, 2018, steven55 wrote:

A multiple lift is required in the provided routine. That's not to say you could not find an alternative, but the routine provided requires a multiple lift.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On May 16, 2018, Chessmann wrote:
A multiple lift is required in the provided routine. That's not to say you could not find an alternative, but the routine provided requires a multiple lift.

Yes, but no get-ready is required; you just flip the cards over.
Mr. E. Casey
View Profile
New user
Bay Area, California
64 Posts

Profile of Mr. E. Casey
Quote:
On May 16, 2018, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Quote:
On May 16, 2018, Chessmann wrote:

Yes, but no get-ready is required; you just flip the cards over.

Exactly my thought. Not even a break is needed.
matsam
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of matsam
This is great stuff. I've bought a few TnR, but never had the confidence or time to learn the skills needed for the great versions.
This is perfect for me as an amateur. Very awesome work! I'm totally happy to spend minutes working on a gimmick instead of weeks on difficult sleights.
spoole
View Profile
New user
St. George, UT
1 Post

Profile of spoole
I just bought it and watched the video - no buyers remorse at all. Everything on the post is correct - only a basic slight that a beginner would have no problem with, virtually instant reset for table hopping. No angle problems. A bit of preparation time but nothing horrible. Could be done close up in broad daylight to sober people. I have not seen this exact concept before - well worth the twenty bucks.
btwigg
View Profile
Loyal user
Sacramento, CA USA
204 Posts

Profile of btwigg
Alright, I'm diving in
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Looks great & you end clean !
GusGarcia
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of GusGarcia
Super clever. Can’t wait to put this to use.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
The uncut video sold me immediately. This is gold and a real worker. This will make you look like a wizard. Or maybe a magician. Granted to get great reactions
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
After watching the video I will attempt to make some gimmicks up but think I will stick to Torched as quicker to do (building gimmick wise)
Nathan Horne
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Nathan Horne
I want to get this, but last time I purchased a T&R that used a gimmick, Heinstein's Dream, I had to import a little something for 4 x the price that's not easily available in South Africa.

Are the materials used to construct the gimmick very common (available from any generic stationary shop, Woolworths, butchery, KFC etc.?)
Axman
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of Axman
Quote:
On May 17, 2018, Nathan Horne wrote:
I want to get this, but last time I purchased a T&R that used a gimmick, Heinstein's Dream, I had to import a little something for 4 x the price that's not easily available in South Africa.

Are the materials used to construct the gimmick very common (available from any generic stationary shop, Woolworths, butchery, KFC etc.?)

you should have no problem at all finding what you need. in fact its highly likely you already have everything required.
alexlatorre
View Profile
Regular user
Barcelona
187 Posts

Profile of alexlatorre
I have to say, I like this. But the extra thing that makes this work is actually illegal in Spain, so I have to find an alternative
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On May 17, 2018, alexlatorre wrote:
I have to say, I like this. But the extra thing that makes this work is actually illegal in Spain, so I have to find an alternative

We've actually got a few options for you here. Contact me on FB.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
We just published the full performance on our Youtube channel if anyone hasn't seen it yet : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3hNCLM5GrY
RodrigoGrando
View Profile
Loyal user
Pennsylvania
226 Posts

Profile of RodrigoGrando
Congrats team E! I've just bought it and watched the videos. Can't wait to go home after work to make the gimmick!
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I made a couple of gimmicks last night! They look so good and handle so well. I will be performing it today!

What’s really fun about this one is it FEELS very real. I think if you could really restore a card, this is what it would look like. This is one CLEVER construction for many reasons. Such fabulous thinking.

The gimmick is a little time consuming to make, but honestly, it’s almost therapeutic to make lol.

Madison
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Revive - Ultra visual, super practical, 360degree Torn & Restored (96 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..13~14~15 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL