The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » What is it? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Galdanaboy
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Galdanaboy
Amongst some magic that I have inherited there are 5 brass rods 8cm long with 1 black ring on one, two white on another, three green on another, 4 blue on another and 5 red on the other. There is a brass tube with a screw lid into one rod will fit. There are no instructions and no members of my Magicians Club know what they are for. Can anybody help please.
Wravyn
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
It is a mental effect that was put out by Viking magic. I think it was called mental rods but do not remember. They now produce this
https://www.vikingmagic.com/product/transmental-gemsation/
Basicly the same but different props.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4901 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I sent you a pm. The effect is called trancendal meditation and was produced by Viking. Some versions come with gem stones on one end and others do not.
Where the magic begins
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3189 Posts

Profile of Julie
Viking originally called it simply Transmental.

Julie
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Riding the Cancer Recovery Coaster into
4059 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On May 17, 2018, Julie wrote:

Julie

I had this effect too and remember it as "Transmental" also.
Cancer Sux

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4901 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Quote:

Julie

TransMental was the name of a series of effects produced by Viking. This particular effect in the series, with gems on one end of the rod and markings on the other was called Trans-Mental-3 "Gemsation" The method for both with and without the gems is the same. It's a precision made piece of equipment. You can request a copy of the instructions from several dealers including Daytona Magic and if you ask for "transcendental meditation" They'll know what you are looking for.

I've sent a PM to Galdanaboy with details.
Where the magic begins
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
1877 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Pm me if you need help. I’ve owned it too. Neat secret.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3189 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On May 17, 2018, Dave Scribner wrote:
Quote:

Julie

TransMental was the name of a series of effects produced by Viking. This particular effect in the series, with gems on one end of the rod and markings on the other was called Trans-Mental-3 "Gemsation" The method for both with and without the gems is the same. It's a precision made piece of equipment. You can request a copy of the instructions from several dealers including Daytona Magic and if you ask for "transcendental meditation" They'll know what you are looking for.

I've sent a PM to Galdanaboy with details.

For the record: I believe you will find the "Gemsation" prop was a much later development of the *original free-standing TransMental (single prop) offering by Viking. The gems on the end of the thicker rods in Viking's later Gemsation is a definite improvemtent over the original Viking TransMental.
(*referemce Viking Magic Mfg./Haenchen & Co. printed catalog circa 1994. Dave, for my edification please let me know if your information predates this catalog.)

Julie
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4901 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
You are correct and it's a much better effect with the gems. Galdanaboy has a version in between the original and gemsation. I sent him the instructions for the effect.
Where the magic begins
Wravyn
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I have the tube and rods on my shelf. I remember purchasing it at Hollywood Magic Shop in 1990. I just didn’t remember what it was called
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » What is it? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL