The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello magcians (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

droffig
View Profile
New user
UK
7 Posts

Profile of droffig
I'm just getting back into magic after being lost in the wilderness for some years!

I first got into it in my teens and for a few years I performed professionally, then for various reasons, magic and I fell out.

But we've started getting along again and I'm enjoying magic as a hobby, just for myself.

Looking forward talking magic with like-minded folks
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Droffig,

And welcome back to Magic.

By "just for myself", do you mean just practicing alone or performing for people but not professionally?

Either way, we're glad you're here. It sounds like you have experience that can help others returning to Magic.

I hope you did not sell your Magic props and books.

-Mary Mowder
droffig
View Profile
New user
UK
7 Posts

Profile of droffig
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm enjoying the learning and practicing again, and when I'm up to speed, I'll do a bit for family and friends.

I still have all my props and books - it's been fun going through them, though I can't remember what many of them are for!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
If you don't remember what they are for, that is probably a sign that you never really connected with those props anyway.

Glad you didn't sell your Magic.

-Mary
John Oaks
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of John Oaks
Quote:
On May 17, 2018, droffig wrote:
though I can't remember what many of them are for!

Everything old, is new again!
Have a Magical Day!
------

I really didn't know how to explain it.
So I told them the truth, and they fell for it!
RMV
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of RMV
Welcome Droffig. My story is similar, though I have props I inherited that I don’t think I ever knew what they were for. It is fun to be practicing again!
deanr201
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of deanr201
Welcome back to the craft! I'm sure you will have things that you over looked the first time around but enjoying it is just as important as doing the actual magic (at least I believe)
droffig
View Profile
New user
UK
7 Posts

Profile of droffig
Thanks for the welcome people. Now I just need to get back into the forum thing and not leave it so long before responding!
BizarreRich
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of BizarreRich
Welcome droffig I also had a very long break from magic and have just started getting back into it. The Café is a great place for people like us as you will be able to meet lots of other magicians and learn from their experience. Enjoy your time at the Café.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello magcians (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL