The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » David Blaine Live Spring Summer 2018 Tour (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ActionJack
View Profile
New user
Pacific NW
26 Posts

Profile of ActionJack
I saw David Blaine at the Paramount in Seattle last night and had a great time. From reading show reports from his 2017 schedule it appears much of the show was the same with a few differences. The show started off with a comedic magician who brought a bunch of kids on stage to watch his act and be a bit apart of it. He was entertaining however his name escapes me.

I had never seen David Blaine perform in person before and I really had not watched much of his tv appearances actually either. I was impressed with how David connected with and engaged the audience. I was surprised by how many people he ended up bringing on stage from the audience to assist in his act. I would definitely go see him again.
trickyat86
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA
194 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Don't mean for this to sound like a negative, it's actually a major positive. In Blaine's touring show, he brings spectators onstage for the rest of the audience to know how to react/mirror the spectator's reaction. Plus spectators onstage is to disprove any faked stunt (ex. ice pick) in his act.

Blaine's television specials depended on spectator reactions. He was one of the first television magicians to put the focus on the reactions. Before his first special, magic shown on tv was mostly stage acts, and only showed the audience clapping.
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
572 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
Discussed on Penn Gillette's podcast this week.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » David Blaine Live Spring Summer 2018 Tour (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL