The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Draven Reviews: Bizzare by: Arnel Renegado (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

William Draven
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, NV
486 Posts

Profile of William Draven
Title: Bizzare
Artist: Arnel Renegado
Producers: Murphy’s Magic
Link: Available At Your Favorite Murphy’s Magic Dealer
Demo Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkMcIxnhc5g
Retail Price: $6.95
Learning Difficulty: Easy
Length of Video: 15 Minutes

Bizzare is a strange little illusion where a card is seen visibly penetrating another card, kind of similar to Geoff William’s “I Hate David Copperfield” trick. When you’re done, the card can be immediately handed out for inspection.

I’ve recently been on a kick with penetration illusions. Everything from card thru bill, to some of the larger stage things like Abbot’s Houdini Ropes, Penetrations seems to be the bulk of my summer studies. When I saw the trailer for Bizzare I thought to myself, for about seven bucks, how can I go wrong?

Hurray for instant gratification, I didn’t have to wait long to dig into this effect. The first thing I noticed strait away is that the moves, even in the demo, SCREAM to the audience something is being done here, even if they don’t quite know what that something is. The moves are just telegraphing to the audience that the magician is blocking the line of sight to do some magic monkey business. Which with the very tightly controlled angles the camera is seeing, makes the trick look a little more impressive on TV than what I feel it is in person.

The handling is clunky, the clean up is cumbersome, and overall, I just don’t feel this is a great trick. There’s about a half dozen other penetration affects you could do, and several of them use cards, that I would almost prefer over this one BECAUSE the handling is so awkward. At the end of the day, this one is a loser. I’d pass on it. You won’t be missing much. Thank god if you’re only out seven bucks!

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The three points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 3
The illusion, due to the handling required, is pretty meh. There are other penetration effects I’d go to over and before this one.

Teaching Quality: 7
The trick is well taught.

Overall Quality: 3
Overall, I was unimpressed. I’ll take a pass on this one.

Do you have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at thewilliamdraven@gmail.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews! Don't forget to like my blog where all my reviews are posted at www.williamdraven.wordpress.com.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Draven Reviews: Bizzare by: Arnel Renegado (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL