The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » New Coin Purse.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bridgehouse
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Bridgehouse
I've recently ordered some coins.. and I usually carry a small stack of English pennies around with me. Decided I really needed a coin purse to carry them around.

I don't like the horseshoe style, and I didn't want a clasp purse for carrying about (tho I might use one for effects, I doubt I'll use it for safe keeping). I think a zipper is important for security, and I wanted to be able to separate either sets of coins or gaffs from non-gaffs.

Anyway, I've been a customer of Waterfield Designs for some years now - they do the absolute best laptop/phone etc. bags you can get IMHO. I noticed they did wallets, and their Finn Wallet appeared to do the job:

https://www.sfbags.com/collections/walle......n-wallet

I got the Compact which is No.25 and the smallest they do.

It arrived today - 3 days from San Francisco to the UK... and it's perfect. Nice worn leather outer with a good solid zip. It looks like any other wallet. Inside there's a nice fabric lining so no coin damage, two side pockets and a main area. I would say you could easily hold 8 coins in each side pocket and the same in the middle section, or in the middle you could keep 6 gaffs in those small vinyl clear pouches easily. The larger ones would hold much more, including cards etc. I would think.

Great service, great product and I have a nice portable coin walkabout solution now.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Thanks for sharing that! From my Boy Scouting experience as a youth, I am, definitely, a "ditty bag" guy! Keeping tiny props, like coins, "organized" and, safely stored, is critical!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Bridgehouse
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Bridgehouse
Quote:
On May 31, 2018, Dick Oslund wrote:
Thanks for sharing that! From my Boy Scouting experience as a youth, I am, definitely, a "ditty bag" guy! Keeping tiny props, like coins, "organized" and, safely stored, is critical!

Yes! Yes! I agree - I like to keep stuff together and organised - otherwise it would just all go missing....

I thought I'd share it as it's not an obvious place to go look for a coin wallet - but their quality and service really is top notch and it will last a good long time. I always think that if I'm investing big money in small items that could easily go missing then it's worthwhile putting a bit of time and money into finding a way of keeping them together/protecting them. I can get a bit OCD about it from time to time tho...!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Here's a similar style we make specifically for coins. Hope you like it.

www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Ubernutz
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Ubernutz
Quote:
On May 31, 2018, Bridgehouse wrote:
I've recently ordered some coins.. and I usually carry a small stack of English pennies around with me. Decided I really needed a coin purse to carry them around.

I don't like the horseshoe style, and I didn't want a clasp purse for carrying about (tho I might use one for effects, I doubt I'll use it for safe keeping). I think a zipper is important for security, and I wanted to be able to separate either sets of coins or gaffs from non-gaffs.

Anyway, I've been a customer of Waterfield Designs for some years now - they do the absolute best laptop/phone etc. bags you can get IMHO. I noticed they did wallets, and their Finn Wallet appeared to do the job:

https://www.sfbags.com/collections/walle......n-wallet

I got the Compact which is No.25 and the smallest they do.

It arrived today - 3 days from San Francisco to the UK... and it's perfect. Nice worn leather outer with a good solid zip. It looks like any other wallet. Inside there's a nice fabric lining so no coin damage, two side pockets and a main area. I would say you could easily hold 8 coins in each side pocket and the same in the middle section, or in the middle you could keep 6 gaffs in those small vinyl clear pouches easily. The larger ones would hold much more, including cards etc. I would think.

Great service, great product and I have a nice portable coin walkabout solution now.

those look sharp!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » New Coin Purse.. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL