The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sixth Sense 3 by Hugo Shelley (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
The only thing that would make this even better for me.. Is if it were Apple Watch compatible!
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

movemonkey
View Profile
Loyal user
Detroit, USA
210 Posts

Profile of movemonkey
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2018, J M Talbot wrote:
Good advice Ustaad. For the past couple of years I simply finger palm the unit... started doing that with SCAN 3D and have continued with SS3. The sensitivity is very good. I have mentioned earlier that I use a Canadian magnetic coin which is relatively weak, with SS2 no signal, with SS3 no problem through a closed fist.

This is also a great tool for Kurotsuke. Simply finger palm the unit in the hand holding the bag with the marbles/objects... When the magnetic object is removed you instantly know! I am starting to use with a bag with the quarter and some pennies in it. I hone in on who has the quarter and then do my "which hand" sequence.

Cheers,

John

Thanks for the input John. Is the sensitivity range better than Scan 3D?
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I would say the range is pretty close to identical between the two. I did a side by side distance comparison using a magnetic half and they were virtually identical. There are things I prefer on SS3 though and it is my go to device. For now anyway... until the next evolution Smile
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Word of warning!! If your spec is wearing an Apple Watch....abort!!! OR have them remove it.

This sucker is sensitive.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
sharpace
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of sharpace
[quote]On Jun 9, 2018, illusioneer wrote:
Word of warning!! If your spec is wearing an Apple Watch....abort!!! OR have them remove it.

This sucker is sensitive. [/quot

Is it just sensitive to Apple watch or all electronic watches? Smile
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Sharp ace...

I’ve only seen it happen with an Apple Watch. Haven’t tested with other smart watches as I don’t own any. But I would venture to say that anything that has a “wireless” charging feature also carries a strong magnet inside.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I was wondering why SS3 did not work when placed under my Apple Watch band. Thanks for the info.

Robert
only4card
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of only4card
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2018, Robert M wrote:
I was wondering why SS3 did not work when placed under my Apple Watch band. Thanks for the info.

Robert

That’s why I have cancelled my order for SS3. My friend got it last week have the same problem like you it
cannot get close to Apple Watch . Even some other watch with metal straps.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Have not run into this but this morning I did my routine with a co-worker that wears an Apple watch to test it and had no issues. Perhaps because I finger palm the unit it worked OK, not sure.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2018, only4card wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2018, Robert M wrote:

Robert

That’s why I have cancelled my order for SS3. My friend got it last week have the same problem like you it
cannot get close to Apple Watch . Even some other watch with metal straps.

I'm guessing this is because it is so sensitive it detects a magnet within the apple watch. Don't they have a magnet for charging and haptic feedback?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I've not had much time to work with this yet, but as it is adjustable if you found watches were being detected then turn it down until a watch is not detected and ensure the magnet in whatever you are using is stronger and therefore detects at the lower level.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
movemonkey
View Profile
Loyal user
Detroit, USA
210 Posts

Profile of movemonkey
The unit will accidentally buzz with many types of watches, even not electronic, it can be a problem..... so if you want to be safe you must only do this to people without wrist wear
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2018, Saturn UK wrote:

I've not had much time to work with this yet, but as it is adjustable if you found watches were being detected then turn it down until a watch is not detected and ensure the magnet in whatever you are using is stronger and therefore detects at the lower level.

That's the problem with a highly sensitive magnetic detection device. The more range, more the errors and thus the reliability issue. I had made my own a highly sensitive magnetic field detector which ran into the same problem. So I switched to non-magnetic objects for the Kurotsuke as well as the Which Hand effects.

However:-

Quote:
On Jun 12, 2018, movemonkey wrote:

The unit will accidentally buzz with many types of watches, even not electronic, it can be a problem..... so if you want to be safe you must only do this to people without wrist wear

This is a very good and practical solution.

These days I don't find many people wearing a metal watch/bracelet/wrist band/bangles, in case they do so it's only on one hand. The other hand should tell you weather its empty or full. Smile At times I have found that a ring on the finger can also give a false alarm due to the high sensitivity setting on the device.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I have been using this since last August and honestly have not had an issue with folks wearing watches. Perhaps my handling is different but knock on wood this has not proven to be an issue for me. As I mentioned above I finger palm the unit which may be giving enough distance from watches to avoid false reads. Gold or pure silver jewelry will not impact the unit. Metal that is attracted to a magnetic can cause a false read but must be in close proximity to the unit. Maybe I am just lucky but have not had an issue with rings either (most finger ringers are either gold or silver).

Sorry some seem to being having challenges, for me this is something that is always in my pocket.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Hi John,

Sorry if my post gave the impression that I was referring to Sixth Sense 3. No, it's not so. I was talking about my own contraption and was certainly not referring to Sixth Sense. Sorry for any misunderstanding this might have caused.

Best regards,

Narendra

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
No worries Ustaad. Was just responding the the folks that seem to being having issues with watches, etc. Am sure your device is interesting as always Smile

For me the high sensitivity is needed to detect Canadian magnetic coins (the curse /blessing of having currency that is attracted to a magnet weakens the magnetic force in gaffed Canadian magnet coins). Am thankful that so far have not experienced the false reads some are reporting with SS3.

Cheers,

John
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Ordered mine. Previously I've used Chess Guess and have been very happy with it, so I look forward to this as well
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
I hope it's better than the customer service...ordered almost two weeks ago directly from the him. No further shipping info nor any reaction to emails.
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
264 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
So was anyone able to find the downloads from the info card inside the box. I cant find them. I sent an email to Hugo but he has not replied. Thanks
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2018, Krazyjay wrote:
So was anyone able to find the downloads from the info card inside the box. I cant find them. I sent an email to Hugo but he has not replied. Thanks

Theres a PDF on the site. If you click on the thing mentioned in the card, you'll find the downloads tab
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sixth Sense 3 by Hugo Shelley (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL