The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Bird Arm Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Chuck Lyons
View Profile
Loyal user
Channahon, IL
264 Posts

Profile of Chuck Lyons
Guys also remember to give the bird arm a purpose. Like holding a lease, or a cup of popcorn or some reason that it does not have to move . I have had one since it was first introduced and have just bought my second one. I hope to have a animated one soon. This is a great prop. Chuck Lyons
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Chuck,
That's an excellent reminder, just like using a magic wand. Give the hand a reason to be still.
Thanks,
Oliver
Chuck Lyons
View Profile
Loyal user
Channahon, IL
264 Posts

Profile of Chuck Lyons
Oliver I also do this as a walkaround. When a child tells me he know hows it done I bend over to him and whisper, yes your right but many of these adults don't know how its done so keep it our secret. This seems to appease most of them and they leave feeling smart not tricked.
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Chuck,
I've also resonded, "I know but don't say anything. He thinks he's real".

On a tangent: Does anyone know what kind of bird Vern is based on? If you wanted to tell the kids what kind of bird he is, what would you say?

Oliver
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
A Loony Bird of course!

(that was the name of my old show back in the early 70's. (The Loony Birds)

But it fits Vern to a T

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Chuck Lyons
View Profile
Loyal user
Channahon, IL
264 Posts

Profile of Chuck Lyons
Oliver I love that . I hope you don't mind if I borrow that like its great thank you.
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
I don't mind at all, Chuck. Feel free. One of the great things about this website is the sharing of ideas that can help us perform more effectively.

Oliver
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Hi, does anyone here have the Axtell mcaw, whats your views. thank you.
Budihaha
View Profile
Veteran user
Bandung - Indonesia
328 Posts

Profile of Budihaha
Hi Wally,

I think I have answered your question in here (please look below your 1st post) and also in the other thread.

Or you need more opinions?

Regards,

Budi Ha Ha
Budi H. Hadiwarsito
Bandung - Indonesia
www.budihaha.com
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Great posts! I appreciate how you share ideas and information. The Bird Arm Illusion is such a fun prop. I can't tell you how many people have been fooled by it. Hundred's of thousands! The Animated arm's finger movement is very subtle as it should be. To create the random movement, I held a parrot on my arm and my engineers recorded my real finger movements and then put that into the electronics. There can't be a lOT of movement because it tends to look really fake then. Subtlty is the key and you really don't need it. It was made because of the overwhelming requests we got for one that moves. If an audience member stares at the hand and the finger moves a little bit, they are further confused. It's just another level of magic.

Further we have a whole new batch of AxTrax routines on CD! These are called AxTrax Wide open because each routine has 5 character voice options! Just pick a voice, pick a puppet and now an entire library of routines is available! More at http://www.axtell.com/axtrax.html

Enjoy!

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Bird Arm Illusion (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL